The Crimm

By Natalia Wojcik, Crimson Staff Writer

Quote: “I wanted to know exactly how much to apologize for.” With these words, Sherlock welcomes himself back into Watson’s life, ushering in the third season of Elementary. And while much has changed, a lot, including Sherlock’s callousness, remains the same.

What to say to your friend who has a love of all things Holmes...

“Elementary” has returned to fill the void. In its season three premiere on Oct. 30, the show jumps through eight months of action, introducing new characters and shifting the hierarchy, as Watson moved away from Sherlock. This low-key premiere continued with an introduction to a new mentee for Sherlock: Kitty, played by Ophelia Lovibond. This season has managed to transform the loose ends left after season two into promising new avenues and storylines in which Watson takes on a larger role, on par with Sherlock. She even has her own Moriarty now: cartel overlord Elena March!

What to say to your friend who’s a superhero buff…

Boy are you in for a good few years! Marvel has just unveiled their nine-movie lineup that goes until 2019. On the docket is a third installment of “Captain America,” which features both Captain America and Iron Man and is ominously subtitled “Civil War.” And just to keep you excited, Marvel also released a new trailer for “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” a film that potentially has too much hype and anticipation surrounding it already. Can it match the success of its predecessor?

The full movie lineup is as follows: “Captain America: Civil War” (May 6, 2016), “Dr. Strange” (Nov. 4, 2016), “Guardians of the Galaxy 2” (May 5, 2017), “Thor: Ragnarok” (July 28, 2017), “Black Panther” (Nov. 3, 2017), “Avengers: Infinity War Part I” (May 4, 2018), “Captain Marvel” (July 6, 2018), “Inhumans” (Nov. 2, 2018), and “Avengers: Infinity War Part II” (May 3, 2019).

What to say to your friends who want a little more action in their lives

“Fast & Furious 7” just released its new trailer. Featuring the late Paul Walker, the movie promises to continue the franchise’s success while remembering their missing cast member. Paul Walker’s brothers worked as his body doubles to help finish the role he began in a fitting tribute.

What to say to your friend who misses HIMYM

Barney is coming to “American Horror Story”! Or at least the actor who plays him, Neil Patrick Harris, is. Fresh off the rousing success of  “Gone Girl,” Harris and his husband David Burtka will be joining the cast for the last few episodes of season four.

Around Campus

Running until Nov. 8, the play “Dogfight” opened last week at the Loeb Experimental Theater.

Beginning with a bet between a marine and a songwriter, this musical follows the adventures and drama that ensue.

If you’re looking for something with a more dismal outlook, “Three Sisters” might be the play for you. Opening in the Loeb Drama Center Main Stage, this new translation of the Chekhov’s play details the heartbreak and struggles four siblings endure after the death of their father. Thrown into life without any idea of what they want, the three sisters (Masha, Olga, and Irina) embark on adventures with a group of soldiers. It will be on stage from Nov. 7 to 15.

On the more light-hearted side is “Pericles, Prince of Tyre,” which runs at the Adams Pool Theater from Nov. 7 to 9. Boisterous and chaotic, this Shakespearean play follows King Pericles’s battle against fate and its many villians.

Perhaps one of the most exciting plays to come to Harvard this year is “Spring Awakening.” Running from Nov. 14 to Nov. 22, this new translation of the classic play will be performed in the Loeb Experimental Theater.

Finally, “Players” is coming to the Adams Pool Theater from Nov. 14 to 16. This brand-new drama, penned by students, begins in the midst of a hypothetical war that has torn a city apart. When trying to patch things up with his friends, the protagonist, Henry, finds that they are on opposing sides of the war and that it might be too late to turn back to the bygone days.

ColumnsArts