The Other Lin Girl

By Samantha Lin

Texas Forever, Cambridge Style

If you asked 10-year-old me what my favorite hobby was growing up, folding laundry, oddly enough, was near the top of the list. Before you judge me, let me explain. For me, laundry day meant much more than getting clean clothes—it meant Sunday afternoons with my dad watching Tiger Woods sink a putt, Roger Federer crush an ace, or my favorite: Tony Romo tossing a touchdown pass.

Unfortunately, my Texas high school was no Dillon High—no Coach Taylor, no football team, and thus no Friday night games. So as a diehard football fan, imagine my disappointment grow even further when my parents nixed the idea of my applying to USC, my childhood dream school and location of my favorite college football team. Apparently, as my mother says, “liking a football team is not a good enough reason to apply to a school.”

Read more »

The New Murphy's Law

Murphy’s Law is a commonly known adage which posits that anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.

Read more »

New Week, Same Story: Crimson Opponents Float Away

Seven minutes into the second half of the highly anticipated Harvard-Princeton football game, something strange caught my eye. Two balloons—one orange, one black—escaped from a child’s hands in the Princeton stands and drifted up, up, and away.

Read more »

Crimson Continues Its Roll in Domination of Cornell

On one of the few weekends in Ithaca, N.Y., where the weather is actually bearable, there were remarkably few students on Cornell’s campus.

It was fall break for students, which marks an annual mass exodus from upstate New York for the second weekend of October.

Read more »

Despite Win, Defending Champion Crimson Shows Room for Improvement

With more reporters than expected showing up for the Harvard-University of Rhode Island tilt, the front row of the Meade Stadium press box was probably about 10 feet too short and 10 degrees too hot to be comfortable for any of the media.

Read more »
1-5 of 12
Older ›
Oldest »