The Other Lin Girl

Despite Win, Defending Champion Crimson Shows Room for Improvement

September 23, 2015

{image id=1308571 size=large caption=TRUE}

With more reporters than expected showing up for the Harvard-University of Rhode Island tilt, the front row of the Meade Stadium press box was probably about 10 feet too short and 10 degrees too hot to be comfortable for any of the media.

Read more

In The Game, Pendulum Swings Harvard's Way

November 23, 2014

When a pendulum swings through the air, a drag force will inevitably cause its swings to get smaller and smaller until it stops. That’s reality, and that’s life.

The swings of the momentum pendulum that was the 131st playing of The Game were nothing like reality. They began small, and then grew bigger, until the final swing catapulted this matchup between Harvard (10-0, 7-0 Ivy) and Yale (8-2, 5-2) to perhaps one of the biggest in history.

Read more

Bulldogs Can't Be Saved

November 20, 2014

I’ll be the first person to admit that “Crimson” is a lousy mascot. It’s a color, it doesn’t do anything—I’m pretty ambivalent about it.

But as a future veterinarian, I have to objectively say that there is no worse mascot than a bulldog.

Read more

Harvard Sings All the Way Home from Princeton

October 30, 2014

­If you passed a bus heading from New Jersey to Cambridge on Saturday night with the soulful tunes of Frank Sinatra booming out, don’t be surprised. According to Harvard football coach Tim Murphy, after road victories, the offensive linemen will sing anything on the bus ride home, from “Sinatra to rap.”

“It’s amazing, it sounds pretty good,” said Murphy about the linemen singing.

Read more

Women's Basketball Will Miss Senior Captain

March 26, 2014

Playing in just her second Ancient Eight game ever, then-freshman guard Christine Clark caught a pass from senior guard Brogan Berry, drove into the lane, and pulled up for a jumper with four seconds to go. One defensive stand later, and the women’s basketball team survived a road test at Columbia, 69-68.

Fast forward three years. Similar situation, different personnel—of that original starting lineup, only Clark remained.

Read more

The Band at Convocation

Class of 2019: Beliefs and Lifestyles

Administrators on the Stage

Class of 2019: Academics & Extracurriculars

The View of Convocation

Class of 2019: By the Numbers

Sorry, Dorothy

Sorry, Dorothy