Mather Will Forfeit No More

•
Get your head in the game
Get your head in the game

House intramural fanatics may have noticed that over the past month Mather has been conspicuously absent from the competition list. Well, you weren't mistaken.

After Mather's IM teams missed a number of games this season, chaos erupted over the ever entertaining Mather-open list last week.

"It pains me greatly to see Mather IMs go under," one undergrad wrote. "I noticed the emails about still not having reps?...I'm still hoping a couple people will step up and organize teams..."

What's this about not having an IM rep? Not so fast! FlyBy has the real answer after the jump.

According to Jason B. Kleban '11—who became the IM rep only this week—a non-resident tutor in the house was officially listed as the IM rep for the beginning of the year. That tutor, who could not be reached for comment, was responsible for compiling lists of team members and sending reminder emails about games to the house.

It is still unclear why a tutor and not an undergraduate student was appointed as Mather's IM rep (as is the practice in most other houses).

Matherites were, for the most part, under the impression that Mather simply did not have an IM rep. The result: just a little bit of panic... just a little.

After several of these "frantic emails," Kleban says, "At one point I sort of got dragged into it, and I posted all of the future games for the rest of the season, so hopefully we won’t have any more forfeits the rest of this season."

Not to worry, Mather, you've still got two seasons to catch up on points.

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.