Beauty and the Brain

ā€¢
sherman
sherman

FlyBy asked you to submit your most attractive TFs to flyby@thecrimson.com. We have taken your votes into consideration, culled the classrooms of Harvard, stalked the far reaches of Facebook , and have triumphantly emerged with the cream of the crop, the genetically blessed, the ultimate combination of physical perfection and mental stamina, the perfect pizzazz to spice up any dry section!

Drumroll pleaseā€¦

And the most attractive TFs are (in no particular order)ā€¦after the jump

1. Allison Rone

• Taught/Tutor: Social Analysis 10, Economics 970ar (a sophomore tutorial on the economics of crime), Freshmen Seminar 43y (a freshmen seminar with Alan Dershowitz on the origins of morality), Kirkland House Tutor
    • Graduate School: Harvard Law School '09 (Harvard College '06)
    • Hometown: Tacoma, WA
    • For the cosmic readers, your astrological sign: Capricorn
    • Market Watch: Engaged to James Foreman (Harvard College '04) (FlyBy apologizes to all of the hearts that just shattered)
    • We heard you are a beauty queen! Can you tell us a bit about the experience? With very little scholarship money available for graduate school, I decided to try pageants on the advice of a college friend who had partially financed her medical school education with her winnings. I competed in and won two pageants, Miss Seattle 2007 and Miss Seattle 2008. I also made it to the top ten at Miss Washington 2007, but came down with mono during pageant week and was all too happy to be cut before the finals. (Have you ever tried singing on stage in front of 1000 people while sick with mono? I would not recommend it. I felt like I was about to die.) I made some great scholarship money, though, and defrayed some of the cost of law school. I also learned how to tease my hair, use fashion tape, and walk in four-inch heels -- life skills that they certainly do not teach at Harvard.

1. Aaron Byrd

• Taught/Tutor: The Road to the Whitehouse, Dunster House Resident Tutor (religion, intramurals)
    • Graduate School: Harvard Divinity School, Harvard College ā€˜05
    • Market Watch: Married to Grace Jones Byrd (Also a Resident Tutor in Dunster House)
    • If you were a popsicle, what flavor would you be? Popsicle Supersicle Firecracker Red, White & Blue Bar.
    • Favorite Music: Country
    • Do you believe that there is more to life than being really, really, ridiculously, good looking? Yeah, you gotta believe.

1. Maria Ospina

• Taught/Tutor: Spanish A (academic year 05-06), Spanish 155: ā€œInventing Cultural and Political Myths in Latin Americaā€ (spring 06), Spanish 90m: ā€œInventando LatinoamĆ©rica: Neruda, Asturias y Pazā€ (fall 08), Spanish 65: Bilingual Arts (spring 09), tutor in History and Literature concentration.
    • Graduate School: Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
    • Home Town: Bogota, Colombia
    • Has a student ever asked you out on a date? Not exactly.
    • What would you do if a student told you ā€œmi corazon es en fuego.ā€ A. Surprised that a student of mine would make such mistakes in Spanish after my devoted and careful teachings, I would embark on a lesson on how to use the appropriate preposition and verb and then consider the question of how to properly translate the image of a scorching heart into Spanish (which would lead us into the terrain of poetry). B. I would teach the student the verb "coquetear" (to flirt), and ask for its conjugation in the future tense, with a no in front, of course. C. I would reply: Mi corazĆ³n no.

1. Sebastian Brown

• Taught/Tutor: Ec 1535 "International Trade and Investments,"API 305M "Behavioral Economics and Public Policy" at KSG, Ec 1030 "Psychology and Economics", Eliot House Residential Tutor
    • Graduate School: Harvard Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (Ph.D. candidate in Economics)
    • Home town: Santiago, Chile
    • What activities were you involved in as an undergraduate. As most Harvard undergrads, I kept busy: I was the founder of 5 clubs and 2 student publications, published a book, was the captain of 3 varsity sports teams, briefly served as President of a small developing nation my junior year, started a hedge fund, and composed symphonies on weekends.
    • Three words to describe your ideal girl: Really low standards.
    • Do you often find your students distracted by how good looking you are? All the time. Most of my students close their eyes during class to avoid being distracted by my ridiculously good looks. I'm still trying to work out why they make the snoring noises though.

1. Jason Sherman

• Teach/Tutor: I have only ever TF'ed for Stat 100, but I do have a beautiful single in Quincy.
    • Graduate School: Sadly, I am a lowly junior undergraduate who landed a sweet job
    • Home Town: Sunny Orlando, Florida.
    • Is a chi^2tea latte your favorite drink? Complicated drinks scare me, I stick with simple null coffee black or with an alternative of a little sugar.
    • Do you have a statistically significant other? Depends of how we define our alpha significance. If you chill with Summers and Mankiw i'd say so. If you spend a lot of time at HMS, not quite. Ok, I'm kinda seeing someone unofficially.
    • What activities do you enjoy to keep your physique so many standard deviations from the mean? Love the gym, but mostly get my p-value from big time dominating on the Harvard Ultimate Frisbee team.

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.