So the pre-frosh won't get lost (or hungry)...

•
HSA gets in on the iPhone action.
HSA gets in on the iPhone action.

In time for pre-frosh weekend, the Harvard Student Agency has released a free program for your iPhone (or iTouch) called the Rover: The Unofficial Guide to Life at Harvard.

After downloading the program, it asks you if it can use your current location. Then you can choose from four headings: all, food/drink, shopping, and nightlife. Within each heading you can then select an acceptable distance away—don't make yourself walk further than you have to.

On Rover even the most adventuresome Harvard student will find new places to go. There are over 900 reviews of restaurants and shops in Cambridge and Boston. There are plenty of categories to choose from. Looking for the occult? You won't have to walk far. Mystic Rosa, according to Rover, is only .11 miles from Flyby's current location in a Straus music practice room. Unfortunately if you're looking for a burrito, you're going to have to hunt for them in the Mexican category. More features after the jump.

From each restaurant or shop's page, it is possible to go to a map, call the place, or go to their website in one click—and the restaurants hours and a short review are just scroll away.

There's some useful stuff here. Who knew there was a Malaysian restaurant 1.64 miles away with prices lower than you would find at most places in Harvard Square?

Rover also has a nifty deals button that you can click to see the latest discounts. Bon appetit, froshies.

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.