Y(F)ale's H-Y T-shirt

While this year marks the 135th anniversary of The Game, it also marks Yale’s continuing tradition of poorly themed H-Y swag (remember last year’s mildly offensive but mostly bizzare "Sissy" tees?).

Displaying that famous blue background and white type, this year’s Yale T-shirt mocks Harvard through the lens of “The Social Network” by titling it "Harvard, the anti-social network." Clever, we must say (or not).

Designed by Yale’s Freshman Class Council, the shirts read on the back “because you don't get to Harvard without being a(n) ____” and encourages students to fill in the blank.

Yale gets brownie points for word play. But, we revoke those points in looking at the slogan of “The Social Network”"You don't get to 500 million friends without making a few enemies." What are they trying to say? You can’t get to Harvard without being awesome/perfect/the best? We think so too. Keep the praise coming!

So, fellow Harvardians, prepare to rock far superior, better, and all around more clever Crimson apparel. There are already five designs available, and probably more in the making.

With only ten days left until The Game, we hope Yale has enough time to produce a shirt we can call fair competition.

Yale

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.