Harvard Ranks 10th in Sporcle

Harvard may be the number one university in the nation, but Sporcle—the addictive online quiz-based procrastination tool—placed Harvard at number 10 in its college rankings for the week of Nov. 21-27.

According to Sporcle, the rankings are computer generated and based on a number of factors for each school, including the number of visits per user, number of games played, number of page views, and average time spent on the site.

In that week’s ranking, Harvard climbed nine spots from the week of Nov. 14-20, which ranked us at number 19.

The Universities of Michigan and Maryland held the top two spots for those two weeks. Other Ivies, like Yale, failed to even make the list.

Ian Henry, Public Relations Associate at Sporcle, wrote an e-mail to Flyby stating that before the site even began publishing the list, "Harvard consistently ranked in our Top 25 schools."

Henry suggested that to boost their school’s ranking, students should tell their friends about Sporcle and use the site more themselves.

So may we suggest Economics Grab Bag as a study tool for that Ec10 final?  Or better yet, The Best Finals Procrastination Websites is a good way to put off studying for just a bit longer.  After all, is it really procrastination if it’s on behalf of school spirit?

Rankings

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.