Darwin Would Say Currier House is Best

According to the newly released Currier House video “I Love Chaus,” natural selection has weeded out Currier as the most awesome House in the jungle.

Created by Cristoforo A. Magliozzi ’11 and Currier HoCo Social Chairs Alex P. McAdams ’11, and Mark E. Piana ’11, the catchy rap voiceover constantly refers to a fundamental principle: “I want to live in Currier for the rest of my life.”

With parties in the Fishbowl and apparent wellsprings of beer—and the absence of nasty bedbugs and noisy traffic—this vid claims that C-Haus has it all. (Although there is a frame depicting a student racing to catch the shuttle in his underwear….at least they're being upfront about it.)

Definitely check out the video for some pretty cool shots and special rewind effects.  Magliozzi mentioned that he wanted to create a film with a lot of replay value, so he hid some treasures for the careful observer.  Here are a couple to get you started:

*The newspaper on the table in Currier’s dining hall features a headline about a gas leak in Adams. Guess Adams just can’t catch a break in Quad videos.

*The top card in the deck that starts off this reverse shot sequence has been altered to say “King of Trees” and show the Currier symbol.

Also entertaining is the “evolution of houses” representation that depicts nature working its magic on houses over time, improving Adams to make Eliot and so on with Quincy, Dunster, Lowell, and finally C-Haus.

“Currier is a very welcoming, social, open place with a tremendous sense of community,” Magliozzi said. ”The group involvement you see house-wide in that video is indicative of the house in general.”

By the way, for those who want even more C-Haus love, Andre Pineda ’11 has a treat for you: pro-Currier lolcats.

Has your House produced its own video (or lolcats)? What other Housing Day antics can we expect? Tell us at flyby@thecrimson.com.

House LifeCurrier

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.