BoardPlus Burn: Chauhaus

Still have $130 left to use on your BoardPlus before it expires on May 22? No worries, we’ve got your back on just how to spend that rediscovered cash. Earlier this week, we recommended Rock Café and the Cronkhite Dining Room.  We conclude this feature with Chauhaus.

BoardPlus Redemption Center: Chauhaus, Harvard Graduate School of Design

Hours: Monday-Thursday, 8:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. and Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Closed weekends and holidays.

Ambiance: Chauhaus is nestled within the Design School’s concrete fortress. With high ceilings, large windows, and the creative artwork one might associate with the GSD, Chauhaus seems like it has the potential to be a welcoming, open space. Unfortunately, it may be too welcoming as the space seemed filled and cramped with very little room to navigate to a seat and few open tables. While during off-peak hours Chauhaus may be better, it didn’t feel like the ideal place to eat or study unless you don’t need to plug-in and you enjoy a loud murmur in the background.

Food: Much like The Rock Café, Chauhaus offers a typical selection of grill items and sandwiches along with soups and full salad bar. Drinks include juices, Starbucks Coffee, and fancier espresso-based concoctions. The Greenhouse may be the gold standard in selection amongst BoardPlus-accepting restaurants, but Chauhaus still offers a pretty broad subset of the Greenhouse’s menu.

The Final Word: If you’re in CGIS and you realize their café doesn’t accept BoardPlus, Chauhaus offers a convenient alternative, especially if you plan to eat your food elsewhere.

Photo courtesy of Wikimedia Commons.

Food and Drink

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.