May 17-23: A Stolen Sandwich

•

Every week, we'll offer up amusing (and sometimes absurd) HUPD daily log entries. Take a look!

BY THE NUMBERS

Reports of "suspicious activity": 8

Reports of unwanted guests: 8

Reports of loud parties: 6

Number of skateboard complaints: 2

Number of noise complaints: 5

May 17, 2010

Noise Complaint (2:59 a.m.)

Canaday Hall A, 22 Harvard Yard, Cambridge

Officers dispatched to a report of loud noise. Officers arrived and report the noise was from a group of individuals celebrating in room 21. Officers report the group is now done celebrating.

Suspicious Activity (3:17 a.m.)

Officers dispatched to a report that individuals are repeatedly knocking on their door. Officers arrived and report the situation is rectified and al [sic] is in order.

Vandalism (9:19 a.m.)

UIS, 1230 Soldiers Field Road, Allston

Officer dispatched to take a report of vandalism. Officer arrived and spoke to the reporting party who stated upon arrival they observed what appeared to be a bullet hole in the passenger side door of their vehicle. Officer reports management was notified of the incident.

May 18, 2010

Suspicious Activity (7:41 p.m.)

Widener Library, 31 Harvard Yard, Cambridge

Officer dispatched to a report of individuals throwing bottles at a truck when it was driving. Officer spoke to the individual's chaperone and the individuals were advised.

May 19, 2010

Assist Other Agency (12:15 p.m.)

Memorial Drive / Plympton Street, Cambridge

Officer reported a hurt duck in the area. Officer reports animal control was notified.

May 21, 2010

Assist State Police (6:33 p.m.)

Weeks Bridge, 1 Memorial Drive, Cambridge

Officer dispatched to a report of a group of individuals jumping off the bridge into the water. Officer arrived and reports no one is in the water. Officer spoke to a group of individuals on the bridge and advised them not to enter the water.

Theft Report (6:50 p.m.)

Au Bon Pain, 1360 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge

Officers observed an individual remove a sandwich from the building without paying for it. Officers stopped the individual and a field interview was conducted. The individual was run for wants/warrants with negative results. The individual stated they removed the sandwich because they thought it was free. Officers spoke to the manager who took custody of the sandwich. The individual was sent on their way.

Noise Complaint (7:10 p.m.)

22 Prescott Street, Cambridge

Officers dispatched to a report of loud music. Officers arrived and advised the occupant to turn the television down.

May 23, 2010

Suspicious Odor/Smoke (1:25 p.m.)

Officer dispatched to a report of smoke coming from a window. Officer arrived and reports there is no smoke and all is in order.

CrimeSecuritas

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.