Two Free Events That Are Coming Up

As Harvard students, the two things we enjoy most are learning and free stuff. But with everything happening all at once both on campus and in the Boston area, it's easy to go through the year as overwhelmed as a freshman during Opening Days.

So we decided to give you the heads-up on two free events at museums in the area—just in case you wanted to add a little downtime to your iCal.

College Night at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston

Sept. 23, 7 to 11 p.m.

The Museum of Fine Arts is always free if you present a student ID, but on Thursday, the museum is throwing a party for college students. Start your raging early that night with free live music, food, dancing, and prizes.

For more info about the party as well as the Museum of Fine Arts' exhibits (so you can pretend you actually visited the art museum itself), click here.

Free College Open House at the New England Aquarium

Oct. 6, 5:30 to 9:30 p.m.

The New England Aquarium is holding a special free night for college students, with local vendors and free access to a 3-D IMAX movie.

“The Aquarium's turtles, sharks, penguins and seals are perfect conversation starters to see new faces and have fun with other Boston-area college students,” read the open house’s Facebook event listing.

We think it's a great opportunity to make friends with the sea animals themselves, because at least they won't cringe and swim away when you say you are from Harvard. Either way, it’s a great way to introduce yourself to one of the best aquariums in the country.

Photo courtesy of CreativeCommons.

MuseumsEventsBoston

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.