Dec. 22 - Jan. 3: Pornography in CGIS

Whether due to the lack of students on campus or an abundance of holiday spirit, HUPD has responded to extraordinarily few incidents over the last few weeks. With four consecutive days of “no incidents to report” and no reports of stolen bikes or computers, Harvard appears to be a rather quiet place in the absence the majority of its undergraduates. As part of our Securitas series, we’ve combed through HUPD log entries from the last few weeks and published some of the more colorful entries below.

BY THE NUMBERS

Days with "no incidents to report": 4

Reports of "vandalism": 5

Reports of "suspicious activity": 6

Reports of "unwanted guest[s]": 5

Noise complaints: 2

Dec. 22, 2010

Trespass Warning (6:19 p.m.)

CGIS Knafel Building, 1737 Cambridge St., Cambridge

Officer dispatched to a report of an individual viewing a pornographic website on a computer. Officer arrived, located the individual and conducted a field interview. The individual was checked for wants/warrants with negative results. The individual was issued a trespass warning for all Harvard University property and sent on their way.

Dec. 28, 2010

Suspicious Activity (7:23 p.m.)

Lamont Gate, 60 Harvard Yard, Cambridge

Officer dispatched to a report of a suspicious individual in the area with a shovel. Officer reports the individual was shoveling snow.

Dec. 29, 2010

Field Interview (1:28 p.m.)

Brighton Hills Shopping Center, 400 Western Ave., Boston

Officer observed a vehicle parked in the area, running. Officer approached the vehicle and observed an individual slumped over the center arm rest. Officer attempted to wake the individual several times, with no response. When the individual awoke they were unaware of where they were. The individual was transported to a medical facility. Officers contacted the owner of the vehicle who stated they knew the individual but did not give them permission to operate their vehicle. The owner stated they would not press charges and came to retrieve the vehicle.

Dec. 30, 2010

Theft Report (9:00 a.m.)

Fairchild Biochem Building, 7 Divinity Ave., Cambridge

Officer was informed of an unknown amount of copper stolen during an unknown time frame.

Unwanted Guest (3:01 p.m.)

Lamont Gate, 60 Harvard Yard, Cambridge

Officer dispatched to a report of an unwanted guest attempting to construct a ramp out of snow to drive off of. Officer sent the individual on their way.

Dec. 31, 2010

Remove Group (8:55 p.m.)

7 Bryant St., Cambridge

Officer dispatched to remove a group of individuals setting of fireworks in the area. Officer reports the individuals were gone on arrival.

Jan. 1, 2011

Suspicious Activity (12:08 a.m.)

Malkin Athletic Center, 39 Holyoke St., Cambridge

Officers dispatched to a report of a silent call from the elevator. Officers checked the elevator with negative results.

Jan. 3, 2011

Suspicious Package (5:12 p.m.)

Oxford Street Garage, 52 Oxford St., Cambridge

Officer dispatched to a report of a suspicious package. Officer reports the package was an empty lunch container. The container was disposed of.

CrimeSecuritas

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.