10/21 – 11/10: Running Naked

As Occupy Harvard came to the Yard, the number of demonstrations skyrocketed and the number of loud parties and noise complaints plummeted. As part of our Securitas Series, we've combed through recent HUPD log entries and published some of the more colorful entries below.

BY THE NUMBERS

Loud parties: 8

Reports of "suspicious activity": 45

Reports of "unwanted guest[s]": 18

Noise complaints: 10

Total value of stolen bicycles: $2,295

Stolen credit/debit cards: 11

Demonstrations: 8

Marijuana-related reports: 4

Total value of stolen copper siding: $2,350Oct. 21, 2011

Suspicious Activity (7:31 p.m.)

Widener Library, 31 Harvard Yard, Cambridge

Officer dispatched to a report of a suspicious individual staring at another individual in the area. Officer reports the individual was gone on arrival.

Oct. 24, 2011

Suspicious Activity (7:21 a.m.)

Thayer Gate, 51 Harvard Yard, Cambridge

Officer observed two individuals writing in chalk on the ground. The individuals were instructed not to chalk on the ground.

Oct. 27, 2011

Suspicious Activity (1:05 p.m.)

College Admissions Office, 86 Brattle St., Cambridge

Officer dispatched to take a report that an individual received a suspicious letter.

Oct. 29, 2011

Loud Party (12:02 a.m.)

20 Dewolfe St., Cambridge

Officers were dispatched to a report of a loud party. Officers were unable to locate the party.

Assist Cambridge Police (6:46 p.m.)

Officers dispatched to assist CPD with taking a report of an attempted robbery. Upon arrival the officers were informed that an individual exited a taxi in front of the Bank Of [sic] America and while looking for their ATM card, an unknown individual punched them in the face. The reporting individual stated the unknown individual attempted to grab their wallet but they fell, so the reporting individual was able to keep control of their wallet. The unknown individual fled the area. The reporting individual refused any medical assistance. Offers search the area for the individual with negative results.

Nov. 3, 2011

Trespass Warning (1:03 a.m.)

Baker Library, 25 Harvard Way, Allston

Officers dispatched to a report that an individual asked another individual where they could purchase marijuana. Officers located the individual with another individual and conducted a field interview. Both individuals were issued a trespass warning for all Harvard University property and sent on their way.

Nov. 5, 2011

Suspicious Activity (2:58 a.m.)

Matthews Hall North, 9 Harvard Yard, Cambridge

Officer dispatched a report of several individuals running through the area naked. Officer spoke with the individuals and instructed them not to run through the area naked again.

Vandalism (7:21 p.m.)

Quincy House A, 58 Plympton St., Cambridge

Officer dispatched a report than unknown individual(s) had discharged a fire extinguisher inside the first floor hallway of A entry, stairwell 1 on the 4th floor floor (sic), stairwell 3 and the 3rd and 6th floor laundry rooms. Officer reports FMO was notified to clean the building.

Nov. 6, 2011

Assault Report (12:59 a.m. – 1:02 a.m.)

Lehman Hall, 6 Harvard Yard, Cambridge

Officer was notified than an individual slapped another individual in the face breaking their glasses. The individual refused any medical assistance. The individual was advised on how to file a complaint against the individual.

Nov. 7, 2011

Remove Group (11:27 a.m.)

Leverett House A, 8 Mill St., Cambridge

Officer dispatched to remove a news crew from the area. Officer reports the news crew was not on Harvard University property.

Nov. 8, 2011

Suspicious Activity (7:20 a.m.)

Science Center, 1 Oxford St., Cambridge

Officer dispatched to a report of three unattended bags in the area. Officer reports the bags were filled with sand and were not suspicious.

Assist Cambridge Police (6:19 p.m.)

Lampoon, 44 Bow St., Cambridge

Officer dispatched to a report of smoke or steam coming from the building. Officer reports Cambridge Fire determined it was steam and all was in order.

Nov. 10, 2011

Theft Report (3:38 p.m.)

Tosteson Mec, 260 Longwood Ave., Boston

Officer dispatched to take a report that an individual stole three cans of Coke, two cans of Diet Coke and two bags of Lay's chips and left the area.

HUPDSecuritas

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.