A Harvard Thanksgiving Agenda

•
Adams House Gate
Adams House Gate

If you're sticking around campus for Turkey Day, you can enjoy plenty of holiday happenings without bursting out of the Harvard bubble.

Thursday: Take advantage of the forecasted sunshine to toss a football around in the Yard (just mind the tents). Next, head to Adams—the only dining hall open on the holiday—for some Thanksgiving grub.

After dinner, work off that turkey with a stroll through the Adams tunnels. Check out the mural on "Things to Do Before You Graduate" by Courtenay L. Kessler '03, which illustrates suggestions like fiddling with Claverly's elevator, playing Frisbee at midnight, and participating in primal scream. If you're still feeling energetic despite the tryptophan, you could even start scratching a few of the items of the list.

Friday: Get swept away in Black Friday madness right in the Square. Or if you aren't in the market for chaos, enjoy refined afternoon tea and cookies at the IOP from 3 to 6 p.m.

On Friday and Saturday, you can also check out the Cultural Survival Bazaar at Cambridge College, featuring crafts and performances from those groups that celebrated the first Thanksgiving.

Saturday: Whatever your partisan leanings, the political comedy troupe "Capitol Steps" is sure to get your vote. Discounted student tickets for the shows at 5 and 8 p.m. in Sanders are available at the Harvard Box Office.

Sunday: Finish off the weekend by showing your support for Harvard Athletics. Cheer the women's basketball team to victory in the 2 p.m. matchup against Holy Cross, then watch women’s hockey take on Minnesota at 4 p.m.

On Campus

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.