11/11 - 12/1: 'Call it a Night'

•

The mass exodus from campus over Thanksgiving gave HUPD a welcome respite, save for the verbal altercations that punctuated the break. As part of our Securitas Series, we've combed through recent HUPD logs and published some of the more colorful entries below.

BY THE NUMBERS

Loud parties: 2

Reports of "suspicious activity": 38

Reports of "unwanted guest[s]": 8

Reports of vandalism: 10

Total value of stolen CDs: $4,500

Total value of stolen Apple products: $4,968

Nov. 11, 2011

Assist Cambridge Police (9:47 p.m.)

Kiosk, 1400 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge

Officers notified that an individual had exposed themselves in the area and that another individual punched the individual in the face. The individual who had exposed themselves was stopped by the officers. CPD arrived and handled the remainder of the incident.

Nov. 13, 2011

Suspicious Activity (9:34 a.m.)

Kirkland St., 41 Kirkland St., Cambridge

Officer dispatched to take a report of suspicious activity. Officer was informed that while an individual was doing laundry they had a verbal altercation with another individual.

Remove Group (12:58 p.m.)

Peabody Museum, 11 Divinity Ave., Cambridge

Officer dispatched to a report of a group of individuals jumping off the retaining wall and videotaping each other. Officer arrived and sent the group on their way.

Nov. 14, 2011

Suspicious Activity (3:09 a.m.)

Science Center, 1 Oxford St., Cambridge

Officer dispatched to a report of four individuals walking around in tuxedos and breaking branches off of trees. Officers located the individuals who informed they were on a scavenger hunt and sent them on their way.

Nov. 15, 2011

Vandalism (4:09 a.m.)

John Harvard Statue, 1 Harvard Yard, Cambridge

Officer took a report that paint was thrown on the statute. Officer reports that FMO arrived and cleaned the statue.

Field Interview (12:12 p.m.)

Gutman Library, 6 Appian Way, Cambridge

Officers dispatched to a report of an individual causing a disturbance. Upon arrival the officers were informed the individual was dancing and jumping up and down. Officers located the individual and conducted a field interview. The individual was checked for wants/warrants with negative results and sent on their way.

Nov. 16, 2011

Suspicious Activity (11:44 a.m.)

Hauser Hall, 1575 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge

Officers dispatched to a report of a suspicious individual reading the newspaper. Officers report the individual was authorized to be in the area.

Nov. 18, 2011

Unwanted Guest (11:25 a.m.)

Hurlbut Hall North, 2 Prescott St., Cambridge

Officers dispatched to a report of an unwanted guest sitting on the bathroom floor in the building using a laptop. Officers searched the area for the individual with negative results.

Assault Report (1:38 p.m.)

Baker Hall, 45 Harvard Way, Allston

Officer dispatched to take a report of a theft. Officer arrived and spoke to the reporting party who stated they asked an unknown individual to take their picture. The reporting party stated that the unknown individual then fled the area on a bicycle with their black Nikon camera valued at $300.00.

CrimeHUPDSecuritas

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.