Jan. 31 - Feb. 13: Throwing Snowballs

Campus has been relatively quiet over the past two weeks. Apart from a fairly high frequency of reports of “suspicious activity” most numbers remain relatively low. As part of our Securitas series, we’ve combed through HUPD log entries from the last few weeks and published some of the more colorful entries below.

BY THE NUMBERS

Reports of "vandalism": 3

Reports of "suspicious activity": 22

Reports of "unwanted guest[s]": 9

Noise complaints: 2

Total value of stolen laptops: $1,000.00

Jan. 31, 2011

Suspicious Activity (3:16 p.m.)

Science Center, 1 Oxford St., Cambridge

Officer dispatched to take a report of suspicious activity. The reporting individual informed the officer an unknown individual approached them and attempted to make conversation. The reporting individual stated they attempted to ignore the individual, who became defensive and then left the area.

Feb. 2, 2011

Remove Group (8:58 p.m.)

Carpenter Center, 24 Quincy St., Cambridge

Officer dispatched to remove a group of individuals who were going to snowboard down the stairs of the building. Officer reports the group was gone on arrival.

Feb. 4, 2011

Suspicious Activity (3:10 p.m.)

Apley Court, 16 Holyoke St., Cambridge

Officer dispatched to a report of a news camera being pointed at an individual's window. Officer spoke with the camera crew, who stated the camera was off and aimed it away from the building.

Feb. 4, 2011

Suspicious Activity (8:11 p.m.)

Gutman Library, 6 Appian Way, Cambridge

Officer dispatched to a report of an individual throwing snowballs at a window in the area. Officers searched the area for the individual with negative results.

Feb. 5, 2011

Suspicious Activity (1:10 a.m.)

Wigglesworth Hall C, 6 Harvard Yard, Cambridge

Officers dispatched to a report of an unknown individual knocking on another individual's door. Officers report the individual was gone on arrival.

Feb. 6, 2011

Hazardous Condition (12:54 p.m.)

Gutman Library, 6 Appian Way, Cambridge

Officer dispatched to a report of an individual who had fallen in the area due to the icy conditions.

Feb. 9, 2011

Annoying Calls/Text Messages (3:59 p.m.)

Leverett House Towers G, 44 DeWolfe St., Cambridge

Officer dispatched to take a report that an individual received annoying text messages and e-mails.

Feb. 10, 2011

Suspicious Package (1:33 p.m.)

SFP Soldiers Field Park 08, 111 Western Ave., Allston

Officer dispatched to a report that an individual received a suspicious package they were not expecting. Officer reports the individual opened the package and it was not suspicious as it contained an item they were expecting.

Feb. 12, 2011

Suspicious Activity (12:08 a.m.)

Boylston Hall, 5 Harvard Yard, Cambridge

Officers dispatched to a report of an individual refusing to get off of another individual. Officers report the individual had fallen asleep on the bus and was now awake and making their way home.

Feb. 12, 2011

Vandalism (10:12 a.m.)

Leverett House Dining Hall, 8 Mill St., Cambridge

Officer dispatched to take a report of vandalism. Upon arrival the reporting individual informed the officer, unknown individual(s) gained access to the storage cabinet and removed a case of Kellogg's Frosted Flakes. The cereal had been spread around a table and the floor.

CrimeHUPDSecuritas

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.