Activities Both You and Your Parents Can Enjoy

•

If you see an unusually large number of eager adults following harried students around campus this weekend, don't be alarmed—it's just Junior Parents Weekend.

You can find a complete list of the special events here, but we've compiled some of the best of them to get you started on your PG plans for the weekend.

Friday, March 4

8:45 a.m. to 4 p.m.—Have your parents stop by the reception desk in the Cambridge Queen's Head Pub. They'll need those buttons.

9 a.m. to 5 p.m.—Parents pestering you about getting a job or hitting the books? Take them to the open houses held during parts of the day at the Office of Career Services or the Bureau of Study Council, or distract them with a tour of a museum, the Women's Center, the Harvard Foundation, or even UHS. You might at least be able to score some free candy at a few of these spots.

10 a.m. to 12 p.m.—Take a tour of Widener Library. "Hey, Mom! Look at this amazing library where I could study. Instead, I go to Lamont Café!"

3 p.m.—Pack into Sanders Theatre for a welcome address by University President Drew G. Faust and speeches by a panel of Harvard seniors. Stay afterward for a cappella performances.

5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.—Check out the reception at your House. Meet your blockmates' parents.

8 p.m.—Catch "Kashmir If You Can," the Hasty Pudding Theatricals' annual dragstravaganza, at the New College Theatre. As tickets are pricey ($38), Parents Weekend is the right time to go. The show also runs on Saturday at 1 p.m., 4 p.m., and 8 p.m.

8 p.m.—The Kuumba Singers, Keychange, Expressions, and other groups perform in "How It Feels to Be Colored Me," a show in Lowell Lecture Hall. Tickets cost $7 for students and $10 for your special guests.

Saturday, March 5

8:30 a.m.—Meet at the John Harvard Statue for a jogging tour of Harvard. This is the healthiest way to give your parents a four-mile tour of the campus. Freshman, sophomores, and seniors are invited to lace up their sneakers as well!

12 p.m. to 2 p.m.—Your parents probably took you out to dinner last night. Now it's your turn to treat them to a taste of HUHDS! Class of 2012 luncheons will be held in all House dining halls.

2 p.m. and 7 p.m.—Let your parents show off all that Harvard gear they just bought in the appropriate arena: cheer on the men's volleyball team as it faces Princeton at the MAC in the afternoon, or support the men's basketball team in their match against the Tigers at Lavietes Pavilion at night.

8 p.m.—The Harvard Glee Club and Radcliffe Choral Society perform in Memorial Church. Tickets are $10 for students and seniors and $20 for everyone else.

8 p.m.—Laugh off any stress that has accumulated during the weekend at the Immediate Gratification Players' free improv show in Boylston Hall.

CollegeOn Campus

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.