Cannolis For Charity

Most people haven't ran a marathon or raised a significant amount of money while training. Neither are easy tasks, but Dawn A.T. Brimmer '12 wants to prove that she can do both.

As most of the student body was recovering from the previous night's Yardfest festivities or just trying to get to class on time, Brimmer was running her first Boston Marathon.

Brimmer promised the PBHA Summer Urban Program that she would raise $3,000 by May 1.

"I'm at about $777 dollars, but last Friday I only had about $300, so hopefully that's a sign that it will start picking up," Brimmer said.

Although Brimmer still needs significant contributions, she's confident she can make it happen by buying and delivering cannolis from Mike's Pastries.

"Cannolis are the one thing that people really like, but can't get as easily, because they're out in the North End. I know it will work this way," Brimmer said.

But in the end, this fundraising won't just be helping out the PBHA program. As Brimmer explained, "Running often feels like an individual sport, but knowing that people were tracking my progress, the 26.2 miles felt more of like a team effort."

Although the first round of cannoli orders has been completed, Brimmer said that she will continue to set up fundraisers in the next couple of weeks. So look out for the emails on your House email lists so that you can get a cannoli delivered right to your door!

Food and DrinkFundraisingBoston Marathon

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.