Some Suggestions for Themed Dining Hall Dinners

•
Students in Adams House and throughout the College enjoy a “sustainable dinner” made with local raised products last night.

As the year winds down, HUHDS has been gracing dining halls near you with exciting themed meals. On Tuesday, dining halls served Japanese food in solidarity with disaster victims on the other side of the world. Tonight, HUHDS brings us its annual sustainability dinner, featuring eco-friendly local foods like carved whole chicken, steamed mussels, and fresh vegetables.

As we look forward to tonight's environmentally conscious fare, Flyby has dreamed up a few suggestions for more meals to be added to the calendar.

May Day Meal

We have seders supported by HUHDS food and fish every Friday for the Catholics. Why not commemorate a pagan holiday? A HUHDS May Day feast would feature whatever food is typically found around the Maypole—what exactly do pagans eat?

A HUHDS Easter

In recognition of the holiday, HUHDS can perform a miracle: resurrect the dearly missed campus-wide favorite, Korean BBQ.

Grilled Cheese Night

April is National Grilled Cheese Month. One day this month, HUHDS should feature a balanced meal of grilled cheese—grilled cheese with bacon, for protein; grilled cheese with tomatoes and kale, for vegetables; and just plain ol' grilled cheese for the vegetarian option.

Eat What You Want Meal

On May 11, the nation celebrates the little-known holiday Eat What You Want Day. In honor of this occasion, HUHDS can hand the kitchens over to the students, letting them pick what to cook and eat.

Food and DrinkHUDS

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.