From Harvard Square to Logan Airport

•
A student stops a cab on his way home to the airport.

Thanksgiving is a mere two days away. Swayed by the holiday spirit, Flyby has compiled a list of options for making it to the airport in one piece, so you can get home for family, turkey, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, etc.

The T: Cheap, reliable, and simple to navigate for the general populace. The T may be crowded, but it's functional, and a $2 fare will get you to the airport. According to the MBTA website, it's a 35 minute trip from Harvard to Logan. Just take the Red line from Harvard Square to South Station and catch the Silver Line to Logan. Not Bad.

The UC Shuttle: This Thanksgiving the UC is debuting a new program, a shuttle service from Harvard to Logan for the express purpose of getting you home to the turkey! Tickets are available on the UC's website for $6 each. Rides should take 30 to 45 minutes, and leave from Lowell House every other hour from 4 a.m. to 4 p.m on Tuesday, Nov. 20.

TAXI!: They're here, they're there, they're everywhere. Call a cab or walk over to the taxi stand in front of the Cambridge Savings Bank. It might be a bit pricy (roughly $40), but you'll make it to the airport without having to worry about all those suitcases.

Walking: For the more adventurous among us, a hike to the holidays may be in order. According to Google Maps, it's only a 7.1 mile walk from Harvard to Logan Airport, and getting there should take a mere 2 hours and 21 minutes. Google Maps, however, provides a disclaimer along with it's directions: "Use caution—This route may be missing sidewalks or pedestrian paths." This might not be the best route for heavy packers or those afraid of sketchy streets, but hey, what a story to share around the Thanksgiving table.

Other ideas to play around with: friend with a car, horse drawn carriage, roller skates—the possibilities are endless. Whichever way you get to Logan, enjoy the break from dining hall food, seeing your high school friends, and some family time!

Undergraduate CouncilThanksgivingHolidayTransportationFlyby City

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.