11/8 - 11/29: Batman Is Having Fun

•

The number of assaults have decreased over the weeks, but suspicious individuals and unwanted guests continue to lurk on Harvard premises. Apple products are more and more vulnerable to theft by the month. However, in the small consolation news of the month, although bicycles are still being stolen, gracious thieves have opted to leave the bicycle locks behind. As part of our Securitas Series, we've combed through recent HUPD logs and published some of the more colorful entries below.

BY THE NUMBERS:

Total value of stolen Apple products: $10,050

Total value of stolen bicycles: $5,350

Total value of stolen bicycle locks: $60

Total value of stolen moving carts: $500

Total value of stolen oboes: $2,000

Suspicious individuals: 10

Unwanted guests: 22

Loud noises: 12

Marijuana Odors: 4

Nov. 11, 2012

Suspicious Activity (2:03 a.m.)

45 Bow St, Cambridge

Officers were dispatched to a report of an individual carrying an axe. Officers arrived and searched the area for anything suspicious with negative results.

Nov. 13, 2012

Trespassing (11:58 a.m.)

1545 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge

Officers dispatched to a report than an individual was viewing pornography on a computer in the building. Officer arrived, located the individual and conducted a field interview. The individual was checked for wants/warrants with negative results. The individual had an existing trespass warning for all Harvard University property. The individual was placed under arrest.

Nov. 17, 2012

Assault Report (12:34 a.m.)

63 MT Auburn Street, Cambridge

Officers dispatched to a report that an individual was hit with a beer can. Officer arrived and reports several loud parties have been cleared from the area and the individual refused medical assistance.

Nov. 23, 2012

Suspicious Activity (1:23 p.m.)

19 Harvard Yard, Cambridge

Officers dispatched to a report of two individuals reportedly climbing in the window. Officer arrived and report the two individuals were affiliated and all is in order.

Nov. 25, 2012

Suspicious Activity (12:54 a.m.)

112 Western Ave, Allston

Officer dispatched to a report of individuals taking photos. Officer arrived and report the individual is gone on arrival.

Nov. 25, 2012

Assist Cambridge Police (8:43 a.m.)

DeWolfe St, Cambridge

Officer dispatched to a report of two individuals arguing over cab fare. Officer arrived along with CPD and reports the situation is resolved and all is in order.

Nov. 29, 2012

Suspicious Activity (12:29 p.m.)

1 Peabody St, Cambridge

Officer dispatched to a report that an individual dressed as Batman was in the area skating and yelling at passerby. Officer reports the individual was affiliated and just having fun.

HUPDSecuritasFlyby Campus

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.