Five Things To Do This Weekend

•

For many of us, weekends signal the start of sleeping and homework. But, for others, a few quiet days in will not suffice. If you're itching to go out but your event planning doesn't expand far beyond cracking a beer or a pset, here are five options to add into the mix for your weekend calendar.

1. IGP's Laugh Riot Festival XIV: "BANANAS EVERYWHERE"

There will be literally bananas everywhere at the IGP's upcoming comedy show featuring improv troupes from Dartmouth, Ohio State, Princeton, and Wesleyan. Watch out for monkeys during the four free shows held at the Loeb Ex Theater this Friday and Saturday at 7 and 9 p.m. For reservation tickets, email igp.show@gmail.com.

2. Super Bowl XLVI

Enjoy the old-as-time masculine tendency to throw balls around, and tune in to NBC this Sunday at 6:30 p.m. Watch your House email list for House-specific events.

3. Freshman Formal: A Night Under the Stars

Whether you're a true freshman, a freshman at heart, or a lonely, lonely soul, the Freshman Formal can provide all the entertainment you need. Held this Friday at the Boston Westin Waterfront, "A Night Under the Stars" is sure to be a sparkly one. Tacky? We thought so too.

4. Dunster House Opera's Marriage of Figaro

Love, revenge, and excitable singers abound in "The Marriage of Figaro," performed and directed solely by undergrads in the Dunster Dining Hall. The show opens this Friday, followed by showings on Feb. 4, 9, 10, and 11, all at 8:30 p.m. Tickets sold at the Harvard Box Office—get them while they're caldo.

5. Grimm Legacies: A Symposium Celebrating the Grimm's 200th Anniversary

Remember reading the "Ugly Duckling" as a child to make yourself feel better? It's obvious that fairytales have played a vital role in our mental development. To celebrate the 200th anniversary of the "Tales of the Brothers Grimm," join Professor Maria Tatar, chair of the Folklore and Mythology Department, and other speakers Friday evening at 4 and 7 p.m. and Saturday from 8:45 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. in the Thompson Room in the Barker Center.

On CampusEventsHeadlines

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.