Greek Cuisine Comes to Harvard

Greece
Greece

Students interested in learning more about Greek cuisine—the mother of all Mediterranean diets—are invited to attend chef and cookbook author Diane Kochilas's food event on Thursday.

Sponsored by the Food Literacy Project and the Harvard Hellenic Society, the event will feature live demonstration and tasting of different types of mezes, or small Greek dishes. According to Kochilas's website, Greek cuisine relies heavily on ingredients like extra virgin olive oil, honey, yogurt, and seafood that are thought to have many health benefits.

Kochilas's website speaks to her interest in Greek food.

"My life's mission is to do for Greek cuisine what Julia Child did for French cooking: to bring my deep knowledge and passion for the Mediterranean's healthiest food to an American audience," the website reads.

In addition to serving as consulting chef at three Greek restaurants in New York City, New Jersey, and Chicago, Kochilas has written 18 books on Greek cuisine and has appeared on TV shows like "Throwdown with Bobby Flay," "Bizarre Foods," and "PBS News Hour."

The event, which is limited to undergraduates, will be held at Hastings Room in Pforzheimer House from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. on Thursday. Students can RSVP here. There are very few tickets remaining, so reserve fast!

Food and DrinkEventsRestaurants

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.