Harvard Today: Oct. 10, 2013

•

The government is still shut down, but it's almost the weekend!

IN THE ATMOSPHERE

There's a high of 64 today—expect a classic fall day with a chilly evening.

IN THE D-HALLS

On the Lunch Menu:
Cuban Pork Sandwich
Spicy Chicken Stir-Fry with Peapods
Sweet & Sour Garbanzo Beans

On the Dinner Menu:
Mesquite Rotisserie Chicken
Shrimp Fried Rice
Lazy Spaghetti Lasagna

ON CAMPUS

CES Discussion
"New Challenges for Europe - An Economic And Political Outlook of its Future," with H.E. Pierre Moscovici (Minister of Economy and Finance of France). Free and open to the public, with seating on a first-come first-served basis. Center for European Studies (27 Kirkland Street), Lower Level Conference Room, Busch Hall. 9:15 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.

Socially Responsible Financing for Enhancing Economic and Financial Stability: Glimpses from South Asia
Listen to this speech by Atiur Rahman, a renowned economist who was appointed as the 10th Governor of Bangladesh Bank in 2009. 12 p.m. - 1 p.m., CGIS South S030.

Thursday Lunchtime Organ Recital Series
Starts promptly at 12:15pm, Adolphus Busch Hall, 29 Kirkland St. Bringing a lunch is encouraged!

Bianca Jagger On Violence
"Ending the Global Pandemic of Violence Against Women and Girls and Achieving the Missing MDG Target," 6 p.m. in the Knafel Center (formerly Radcliffe Gym).

Lecture and Book Signing
Evolutionary biologist Sean Carroll will discuss "The Brave Genius of Albert Camus and Jacques Monod: From the French Resistance to the Nobel Prize" at the Harvard Museum of Natural History (26 Oxford Street). 6 p.m.

GSD Symposium
"
Roots of a 21st Century Urbanism: The Vision of Manuel de SolĂ -Morales." Free and open to the public. Piper Auditorium, Gund Hall (48 Quincy Street), 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.

Film Screening
A screening of Robert Gardner's "Dead Birds" in celebration of the film's 50th anniversary. 7 p.m., Harvard Film Archive (24 Quincy Street).

IN THE SQUARE

Practical Raja Yoga Meditation at Inner Space
Enjoy a free community meditation class at Harvard Square Meditation Center and Gallery, 6:45 - 8:00 p.m. 1110 Mass. Ave.

FilmFlyby CampusHarvard Today

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.