Where To Get a Flu Shot

Nurse Bernadette Scutti administers a flu shot for a patient in the 2nd Floor Monks Library of Harvard University Health Services.

October marks the beginning of flu season, which usually reaches its peak in January and February. Given that it would be ideal to avoid the kind of public health emergency that rocked the Boston area last winter, we put together a list of where you can get your flu shot before winter hits.

Harvard University Health Services holds flu vaccination clinics weekly from 12-3 p.m. on Mondays and Tuesdays. This service is provided at no cost to anyone with a Harvard ID, a HUGHP insurance card, or a HUSHP Blue Cross Blue Shield card and takes place on the second floor of HUHS Holyoke Center in the Monks Library.

CVS offers flu vaccines during normal business hours to patrons. Insurance is accepted and recipients of Medicare Part B are also eligible for this service. You can either walk in or make an appointment. Check here for more locations and FAQs.

Rite Aid also provides flu shots to customers and rewards them with wellness points. Flu shots are covered by most insurance plans and, if not, are competitively priced.

Stay healthy!

Student LifeUHSHealthFlyby City

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.