Fist-Bumping with Faust: An Interview with UC President and Vice President Candidates Nwokike and Kim

•

Amidst all the posting of flyers and the creation of facebook prof pic templates, it may seem hard for UC presidential candidates to take a moment to laugh. But in order to understand the candidates better, we at Flyby think it's important to get a better sense of their pop culture prefernces and hear more about their daily lives. Flyby sat down with Chika-Dike O. Nwokike '15 and Una Kim '15 to do just that.

Flyby: What are your hobbies?
Nwokike: I like photography, playing basketball, working out, mentoring, and I love looking at men’s fashion blogs.
Kim: I like singing, dancing to K-Pop, board games, and the game Mafia.

Flyby: What is your campaign theme song?
Nwokike: Anything by Kanye West works for me. I need something I could get amped to.
Kim: Lately I’m into Ylvis. I like all their other songs, they’re really good at singing.

Flyby: What is one word that describes your partner?
Nwokike: Una is understanding. She’s someone who’s easy to work with, and she doesn’t lose sight at end of the day.
Kim: DK is genuine, very honest, and upright.

Flyby: What’s one word that describes you?
Nwokike: Handsome.
Kim: Spontaneous.

Flyby: What superhero would you like to be or what superpower would you like to have?
Nwokike: I love Naruto so much. He wanted to lead because wanted to be connected to his community, and people really confided in his strength and leadership. Eventually he dies but his spirit never dies. That will to keep going on is amazing to see.
Kim: I would want to speak every language in world. When you’re naturally fluent at a language, you really understand its culture too.

Flyby: What’s your favorite thing about Harvard?
Nwokike: Probably the amount of celebrities that visit.*
Kim: I love Housing Day and House spirit because it is unique to Harvard and fosters great community. I would love to implement a Harvard-wide Hunger Games-style event, with two people representing each House, but maybe with water guns instead.

*Nwokike has reportedly fist-bumped everyone from President Faust to John Legend to Mark Zuckerburg.

Flyby: What is your favorite thing about the UC?
Nwokike: I admire its multifaceted membership. There are so many admirable people on the Council.
Kim: Lots of people lack the general feel of political efficacy, but I feel inspired and impressed by the passion of students on the UC to invoke changes and bring ideas to the forefront.

On CampusUndergraduate CouncilFlyby CampusFlyby Politics

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.