Dean Pfister Invites You To Tour a Museum and Discuss a Book

•

The College’s top administrator has invited undergraduates to join him on a museum tour, as well as discuss his most recent book recommendation.

It’s no secret that Interim Dean of the College Donald H. Pfister, the former director of the Harvard University Herbaria, is a systematic botanist—he’s referenced his interests in plant biology and fungi more than once since he took up the post of dean and began sending students regular messages from his own email account.

In line with those interests, Pfister suggested in an email to students Thursday that “it might be fun” to take a group of students on a tour of the Harvard Natural History Museum in about two weeks.

We at Flyby predict that such a tour would indeed be fun.

So would taking up Pfister’s invitation to join him in discussing the book “The Signature of All Things” by Elizabeth Gilbert (which he recommended in a previous email).

“I am curious as to whether any of you have taken me up on my recommendation,” Pfister wrote. “If you have, and you would like to put together a little discussion group, contact me so that I may determine as to whether there is sufficient interest.”

We can’t think of many things cooler than a book club with the dean, although Pfister calling out your blog in one of his emails—like he did to the creator of “lolmythesis” on Thursday—might come close (#celebritystatus).

College AdministrationFlyby Blog

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.