7 Things Easier Than Filling Out a Plan of Study

By Christopher J Magnani

Sophomores are finally breathing a sigh of relief now they have officially declared their concentrations and have completed their Plan of Study. This endeavour not only means that students must choose a course of study that will affect the rest of their college career and ultimately their life, but also that they must navigate the most confusing website ever in order to do so.

Filling out the notoriously clunky worksheet, which even comes with its own video tutorial, is one of the great struggles of a Harvard student. Here are seven things that are easier, more intuitive, and less time consuming to do than filling out the Plan of Study.

1. Keeping a dorm room clean
 It may be hard with all the running around Harvard students do, but doing laundry, organizing your room and common room, and taking out the trash is kind of manageable (kind of).

2. Catching the Harvard Square Turkey
 This is much easier said than done: wild turkeys are not very friendly. And who knows what diseases they carry!

3. Running a marathon
Months of preparation for 26.2 miles of happiness, and only four hours of pain! At least you get to look at the entertaining signs to cheer you on.

4. Finding Atlantis
 No, not the Bahamian getaway, the fabled underwater island. If it helps, it's rumored to be somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

5. Getting Kanye West to smile
Is it physically possible for him to smile in front of a camera? What is behind that stony glare? Perhaps he’s cooking up his next album and does not want to betray himself via his facial expressions. Maybe he saves all of his smiles for Kim (#allday).

6. Convincing Jessica Simpson that Chicken of the Sea is, in fact, tuna
She could argue false advertising, but everyone (except her) knows it's tuna.

7. Applying and getting into Yale
Remember the age old saying? The only thing that Yale and Harvard students have in common is that they were both admitted to Yale.

CollegeFlyby Front Featureharvard problems

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.