Harvard Today: March 25, 2014

By Jennifer Y Yao

Happy Tuesday! You made it through your first day back from break, and we promise the second definitely won’t be so bad.

IN THE ATMOSPHERE
Today will be warmer than yesterday, with a high of 41 degrees and a low of 31. There’s a 20% chance of rain, but I think if we all wish hard enough, the skies will stay clear. That’s how weather works, right?

IN THE D-HALL
Lunch
Chicken Mitsakis
Red Spiced Chicken Breast (!!!)
Shrimp and Monterey Jack Quesadilla with Peppers & Tomato
Tofu Paneng Curry

Dinner
Baked Pollack with a Lemon Mushroom Sauce
Mesquite Rotisserie Chicken
White Bean Stew

ON FLYBY
1) Should We ‘Ban Bossy’?: Staff writer Maia Silber's take on Sheryl Sandberg’s new campaign.

IN THE NEWS
2) Spoken Word Artist Sarah Kay Releases, Presentes New Poetry Collection: Kay, known for her TED talk, performed some of her latest work in honor of the official release of her new book for a full house at the Oberon theater Sunday night.
3) Baker Secures Republican Nomination for Massachusetts Governor: Baker edged out Mark Fisher, a more conservative Republican candidate, at the party convention Saturday.

EVENTS
Visit the Carpenter Center tonight from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. for a Hoops Workshop with New Craft Artists in Action, part of the Living as Form exhibition. The workshop will teach you how to make your own basketball net, for empty hoops in your neighborhood or elsewhere.

Get out of Harvard Square and visit the beautiful Cambridge Public Library tonight at 6 p.m. to hear from Harvard English professor and Pulitzer Prize winner Stephen Greenblatt as he discusses Shakespeare and the rise of tragedy.

Have plans to spend a couple years in Teach for America after graduation? Stop by the JFK Jr. Forum at the Institute of Politics at 7 p.m. tonight to hear from Teach for America CEO and Founder Wendy Kopp.

PHOTO OF THE DAY
Herbie Hancock discussed Buddhism and artistic creativity during his fifth lecture in "The Ethics of Jazz" series in Sanders Theatre on March 24. Hancock described his personal experiences with Buddhism and how it has enhanced his musical creativity.

Flyby BlogFlyby CampusHarvard Today

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.