Harvard Students from the Yard to the Quad, it's finally safe to go outside! It’s a crazy thought, but bear with us. We have suffered through Boston’s oppressive winter and are now welcomed by the sweet relief of spring. Since you’ve grown used to the arctic tundra, you’re probably baffled by the sunlight and air that doesn’t hurt your face. Here are some tips for making the most of your long-awaited warmth.
1. Break out shorts and sundresses! Come on, skies out, thighs out. Show a little skin because you finally can without wanting to cry or getting hypothermia.
2. Throw on some stunner shades. Preferably some artsy sunglasses that say, “I reject all things mainstream.”
3. Now that you’re dressed for spring, get out there and enjoy it. Cambridge has a million special spots to bask in the majesty of 60-degree weather. Check out the benches down by the river. Get a tan, watch crew boats go by, and be happy that you don’t have to exert yourself.
4. Sit on top of the steps of Widener and some homework, or at least look like you are doing homework. Nothing is more Harvard. Plus, you never feel more superior than when you’re on the top step judging everyone. Just ask Blair Waldorf.
5. Chill in the Cambridge Commons. Toss around a Frisbee if you’re so inclined. Added bonus: no tourists will get in the way.
6. Sit outside and get an iced latté at Café Pamplona because you’re such a hipster.
7. If you’re a little more adventurous, take a jog about a mile or two down the river in the direction of BU. There’s outdoor exercise equipment! Gym AND tan. The cast of Jersey Shore would be so pleased.
8. Day drinking! You no longer have to just put on a booze blanket to stay warm. It’s now a celebratory activity. Turn up for sunlight. You have probably forgotten how this works (it’s been a while since Harvard-Yale). Luckily, Yardfest this Sunday will be the perfect time to get back into the swing of things.
9. If you see a flower or anything spring-related, Instagram it. Tag @Harvard and maybe if you are lucky they will regram! #spring #sun #finally #sohappy #flower #beautiful #Cambridge #smile #loltoomanyhashtags.
Okay, now get off your computer and go outside!