“Fashion Police” Host Rocks Harvard Shirt

Interim Dean of Harvard College Donald H. Pfister presents comedian and veteran advocate Kathy Griffin with the 2013 Distinguished Service Partner award at "Standing Tall for Veterans," a comedy charity benefit for the Home Base Program presented by the Harvard Undergraduates Honoring Veterans on Saturday afternoon.

By Nzuekoh N. Nchinda

Harvard scored some major pop culture points this Wednesday when comedian Kathy Griffin was spotted hiking in Hollywood while rocking a Harvard t-shirt. Though we at Flyby don’t fully understand how it’s possible to hike in Hollywood, we’re still jazzed that the current host of E! network’s “fashion police” would even consider wearing a Harvard shirt while accomplishing this.

Perhaps more impressive than Griffin’s matching “plum red” lipstick is the fact that she didn’t even have to buy the shirt. Harvard University, and the reigning world’s chillest former interim Dean of the College Donald H. Pfister, presented it to her back in 2013 in recognition for her work with veterans.

Although Griffin never went to college, instead choosing to study comedy with a troupe in L.A., she hasn’t been held back by her lack of a formal degree. From writing a best-selling novel to dating Apple co-founder Steve Wozniack, she’s done things Harvard students can only dream of.

Flyby BlogCelebritiesFlyby Front Featurestreet style

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.