Flyby Reviews: "Haunted Hall" in Annenberg

•
Students await judgement for best costume at the Cambridge Queen’s Head Pub on Saturday night. The contest was a part of Haunted Hall, a College-wide Halloween party that took place in Annenberg.
Students await judgement for best costume at the Cambridge Queen’s Head Pub on Saturday night. The contest was a part of Haunted Hall, a College-wide Halloween party that took place in Annenberg. By Kamara A. Swaby

If you survived Friday night’s festivities, you probably ended up at some point in the line for Annenberg’s “Haunted Hall” Halloween party on Saturday. Unlike previous years, this year’s Annenberg Halloween event was an undergraduate-wide affair. The contrast between upper and lowerclassmen was especially evident at the Cambridge Queen’s head pregame, as juniors and seniors chugged wine and beer while anxious freshmen sipped their “Halloween-themed mocktails.” Whether you chose not to go or frankly cannot remember, Flyby is here to fill you in on the highlights of the night:

The line to get into Haunted Hall extended, at times, all the way into the Science Center Plaza. In a shocking turn of events, someone threw up outside of Annenberg (must have been those Halloween-themed mocktails, huh). A trace of this can still be found outside of Annenberg today. The bouncers at the door were careful in their examination of Harvard IDs. I was accused for not “looking” like the girl in the picture #costumesuccess?

Once inside, the party was clearly divided between those who had really rocked the pregame and the very sober others who refused to merge with the sweaty clump in the back of Annenberg. Among the mass of students were freshmen hoping to *find love in a hopeless place*. A third group of students focused on stuffing their costumes with free candy and snacks, taking advantage of the true meaning of Halloween.

Costumes ranged from vampires to farm animals to SWAT agents. The “cats” and “bunnies” hung out with their multitude of counterparts, while those with costumes meant to be a play on words partied with equally funny and quirky kids. Athletes (especially rowers) were able to come up with costumes that required upper body, if not almost full body, exposure.

Overall, Flyby rules that the night was a success, bringing together all different types of people from the many corners of the Harvard social scene in one overflowing hall. Thanks for making this Halloween a memorable one, Harvard.

Flyby BlogFlyby Campusspooky

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.