Quincy Open Don't Care

•
Quincy House announces its House lottery results today, which includes the reveal of those who got the highly desired suites in New Quincy and the reveal of those that are going to be living in what will be the renovated Quincy building.

By Emmanuel Figueroa

For the most part Harvard house listservs are pretty tame. Aside from publicizing open houses or tracking the movements of a neighborhood Turkey, emails lists aren’t usually interesting or personal.

However, over the past month students have used Quincy Open to lodge highly entertaining complaints about everything from loud music to incessant ball bouncing. Is this too lowbrow for a house-wide email list or is this exactly why these lists exist in the first place? We’ve listed some choice messages below to help you decide.

Email Thread 1: Subject Line: please turn music off in dhall?  

Message: I can't figure out which laptop it's coming from, or else I would have walked up to your table and asked politely, but I think someone might not have their earphones in?

I'd appreciate it if you could please turn your music off or at least the volume down. I understand we don't have class tomorrow (editors note: this was the night before a snowday) but a lot of us are trying to use this time to catch up on work/work on their thesis.

Thanks!

Email Thread 2: Subject Line: bouncing ball

Currently fourth floor new quincy, someone above is bouncing a ball constantly like once per second. Please stop? I can't fall asleep.

Re: bouncing ball

On a similar note, third floor new quincy, there's been lots of door banging (hard to tell if it's above or on the same floor). Please be consciousness when closing, especially in the evening.

Thanks a bunch.

Re: bouncing ball

This morning someone on the 6th floor (facing Dewolfe street) someone was bouncing the ball at 8 am this morning - and does it a bunch during the day.

PLEASE STOP.

The Master and Quincy Community above you and on the side of you.

(this one was signed by Co-Master of Quincy House Deborah Gehrke)

Email Thread  3: Subject Line: TOO MUCH SOAP!

too much detergent in washer 16 of stone hall! I'm worried about your clothes.

QuincyFlyby Front Featurebreak the internetno filterlol

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.