Harvard Today: March 4, 2015

•
In the interior of the Andover Chapel at the Harvard Divinity School, the Fargana Qasimova Ensemble performs traditional Azerbaijani music.

Happy Wednesday, Harvard! You’re at the halfway mark of papers, midterms, and other monstrosities– you can do it! For further motivation, you’re only a few days away from the weekend and a little over a week away from *spring break*!

Weather

It’s going to be a rainy one, Harvard! Pack your umbrellas and wear your raincoats. It’s going to be low 30s today with 100% of precipitation.

Lunch

Beef Fajitas

Seitan Fajitas

Red Spiced Chicken Breast

Spanish Rice

Dinner

Cider Roasted Pork Loin

Sauteed Kale with Garlic

Quinoa and Vegetable Roasted Jambalaya

In Flyby:

A Tale of Two CVS Stores - “Harvard Square: Where you can find gourmet food, cozy coffee shops, cute clothing stores, and wait…two of the exact same drug store within 100 yards of each other.”

Datamatch: Flyby’s Shot at Love, Part 5 -  Our staff writer Eva Monroe goes on a wonderful date with her Datamatch at Clover, during which the word “undressing” is tossed around #okay

In The News:

Honor Code Affirmation Legislation Details Frequency - “Undergraduates would be required to make an affirmation of integrity when they register and be asked to do so during final exams and on final papers and projects—including theses—should members of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences approve proposed legislation on the College’s first-ever honor code.”

Faculty Hear Proposals on Theater Concentration, Honor Code Affirmation - “Members of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences responded largely positively both to legislation detailing the format of an affirmation of integrity as part of the College’s first-ever honor code and to a proposal to implement a new concentration in Theater, Dance, and Media at their second meeting of the semester Tuesday.”

Administrators Respond to Currier Email Incident - “In an email to Mather House residents Tuesday, Mather House Dean Luke Leafgren addressed the incident, which involved a roughly 1,700-word message sent over the “Currier Underground” listserv from the email account of a Currier senior.”

On Sports

Seniors, Okwelogu Set Records in Track and Field's Strong Heps Performance - “Last weekend was a big one for the Harvard men and women’s track and field teams, as the women provided a performance to remember, taking home a third straight Ivy League title, while the men gritted out a fifth-place finish at the Ivy League Heptagonal Championships.”

Events

A lecture at Wasserstein Hall at 12pm: The Policeman at the Elbow: The Neuroscience of Addiction, Self-Control, and Criminal Responsibility.

Pakistan: From Crisis to Crisis, a lecture at the South Asia Institute on 1730 Cambridge Street at 4:15 p.m. organized by The Asia Center.

A lecture called Memories of Love and War, hosted by the Hutchins Center for African and African American Research, at 12pm in the Barker Center.

Problems with Professionalism: a discussion about the expectations of personal expression for marginalized groups in the corporate world at 7:30 p.m. in the Thompson Room of the Barker Center.

Ethics Education In City Governments: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: A lecture organized by the Civil and Moral Education Initiative, at 12pm in Longfellow Hall.

'If I Had a Garden': An Evening of Poetry with Mary Yossi - Mary Yossi will read selections from her poetry collections in Greek "Low Sky," "Special Itinerary" and "Wedding," and will close with the poem, “If I had a garden,” published in "The Books Journal" at 1pm in Room 420, 2 Arrow Street.

Child Migration and Human Rights in a Global Age, a lecture at 4pm in the HSPH Kresge G1.

Harvard Today

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.