PSA: Arts First Happening Now

•
Students and visitors alike were dazzled by events taking place on the Science Center Plaza and in The Yard this past weekend, all organized to showcase the arts. Pictured is Jack Megan, Director of the Office of the Arts.

By Christopher J Magnani

Classes are done for the semester, which means you will have tons of free time this weekend to see Arts First! Of course, unless you're still hibernating in Lamont, you have probably already seen some of the art installations lining the yard.

This four-day art experience includes everything from music and theater performances, to the kick-off performance of Dean Dingman and Dean Khurana dancing ballet to Swan Lake alongside the Hasty Pudding Theatricals. Could it get any better? Judging by Khurana’s moves on Housing Day, we are definitely in for a show. Another must see event is a free screening of the movie Whiplash on Sunday night in the Science Center Plaza. This Academy Award nominated film, written and directed by a Harvard grad, might help you better relate with your NEC-Harvard friends. If all the free events aren’t enough, at the very least, check out Arts First to get a free “Make Art” t-shirt.

Flyby BlogFlyby Artsthis rocks

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.