This Week at Harvard: July 20 to July 26

•
Nadia L. Urrea '17, left, and Cole V. Edick '17, right, rehearse for "Mad Forest," a production by the 2015 Harvard Summer Theater. The play opens July 17 and runs until August 2 at the Loeb Experimental Theater.
Nadia L. Urrea '17, left, and Cole V. Edick '17, right, rehearse for "Mad Forest," a production by the 2015 Harvard Summer Theater. The play opens July 17 and runs until August 2 at the Loeb Experimental Theater. By Melanie Y. Fu

Now that summer is more than halfway over, we hope you’ve gotten the chance to see or do something cool. If not, what better time than now to do something summery?

IN THE ATMOSPHERE

It will be hot and humid again this week. If you thought the blistering temperatures of last weekend were only temporary, think again. Still, it will cool down a little on Friday with a high of 75 degrees, and there’s no rain predicted for the near future.

IN THE NEWS

Harvard Can’t Fully Prevent Cyber Attacks, Experts Say

In light of a recent cyber security breach at Harvard, experts in the field said that no action from the school will be enough to fully prevent cyber attacks in the future.

EVENTS

Thursday

The Institute of Contemporary Art is holding All Visual Boston, a digital slideshow showcasing the work of local and regional artists. Stop by at 7 p.m. to check it out.

Friday

In celebration of National Ice Cream Month in July, Friendly’s is hosting an ice cream pop-up from 12 to 2 p.m. at the Lawn on D. Stop by to liven up your lunch break with lawn games, music, and free ice cream.

Saturday and Sunday

The annual FIGMENT festival and dance party is in Dewey Square from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Saturday and 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday. FIGMENT is a free participatory arts festival to encourage participants to “break the wall” between artist and spectator.

Sunday

Cambridge’s second annual Jazz Festival is happening from 12 to 6 p.m. at the University Park Commons on Sidney Street. There will be food and live music at this free event.

Flyby BlogFlyby ArtsFlyby CityHarvard Today

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.