Tiësto Is Headlining Yardfest

Tiesto will headline this year's Yardfest concert.
Tiesto will headline this year's Yardfest concert. By Courtesy of College Events Board

Well it sure took them long enough.

With three days to spare, the College Events Board has decided to grace us with the name of this year’s Yardfest headliner: Tiësto.

It seems like every year the CEB does the same song and dance, making us wait till the very last possible second to learn the name of the Yardfest pick. There’s been more than enough build up; this year, a spat broke out on Facebook between two camps of students, one pulling for Carly Rae Jepsen to headline the concert and the other hoping the Chainsmokers would take the spot.

We understand—and would, under any other circumstance, appreciate—their love of suspense, but enough is enough.

Anyway, the choice of Tiësto as this year’s performer is sure to inspire mixed reactions considering his chosen genre of music. Electronic dance music—as sick as some of its beats may be—is often considered to be ill-suited for concerts because the artist doesn’t actually sing live, but rather plays pre-designed mixes. It’s definitely less enjoyable watching someone pushing buttons on a stage for a few hours—even if there’s cake and booze involved. That didn’t stop some folks from getting lit last year when Steve Aoki smashed through campus, and hopefully Tiesto, who's been crowned the "Greatest DJ of All Time" by MixMag Magazine, won't disappoint.

Mixed feelings aside, it’s nice to know that yes, Yardfest is happening, and no, Dean Khurana will not be DJing.

Here’s a rundown of the artists performing at other Ivy-League spring concerts in case you’re thinking of skipping town for a few days and partying it up somewhere else (note that many of these schools announced their performers many months in advance):

Columbia Bacchanal (April 8)

Aluna George

DRAM

Mykki Blanco

Almand

UPenn Spring Fling (April 21-22):

DJ Zedd

Tinashe

Brown Spring Weekend (April 28-29):

Princess Nokia

Empress Of

Young Thug

Cherry Glazerr

AlunaGeorge

Erykah Badu

Yale Spring Fling (April 29):

JoJo

Tory Lanez

Cornell Slope Day (May 11):

Big Gigantic

MisterWives

Flyby BlogYardfestFlyby Front FeatureFlyby Front

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.