Harvard Focuses on Africa

By Helen H. Solomon
The Committee on African Studies hosts "Africa in Motion," a University-wide celebration of Harvard's work in and commitment to the field of African Studies.  Together, the reception on Thursday evening and the all-day symposium on Friday both showcase and celebrate Harvard's commitment to African Studies and the new opportunities in the field as a result the recent Title VI Grant of nearly $2.5 million in Federal Funding that  Harvard received from the Department of Education when it was designated a National Resource Center for African studies.  Jacob Olupona, Professor of African and African American Studies and Professor of African Religious Traditions, Harvard Divinity School,  along with other distinguished panelists, participate in a round table discussion on the future of African Studies.
The Committee on African Studies hosts "Africa in Motion," a University-wide celebration of Harvard's work in and commitment to the field of African Studies. Together, the reception on Thursday evening and the all-day symposium on Friday both showcase and celebrate Harvard's commitment to African Studies and the new opportunities in the field as a result the recent Title VI Grant of nearly $2.5 million in Federal Funding that Harvard received from the Department of Education when it was designated a National Resource Center for African studies. Jacob Olupona, Professor of African and African American Studies and Professor of African Religious Traditions, Harvard Divinity School, along with other distinguished panelists, participate in a round table discussion on the future of African Studies.

Af Am Department