Basketball '11-'12

Run This Town

November 11, 2011

Highlighted by a trip to the Bahamas during Thanksgiving, Harvard will travel extensively this upcoming basketball season. And the Crimson could venture on even more road trips if it makes history with a bid to March Madness.

But the first bounce of the ball will occur in the squad’s own backyard against MIT tonight.

Read more

Crimson Eyes Tiger Throne

November 11, 2011

The Harvard women’s basketball team is a program built on a history of success. With 11 Ivy League titles to its name, the team knows the road to a championship is never easy. But for the first time in over a decade, the Crimson will return to Lavietes Pavilion without a single player who has won a championship ring.

The most recent successes in the Ancient Eight have been dominated by Princeton. Over the past two years, the Tigers have gone 27-1 in Ivy League competition, with Harvard dealing Princeton its only conference loss last season.

Read more

Well-Traveled Coaches Join Staff

November 11, 2011

Freshmen aren’t the only new talent the Harvard women’s basketball team picked up for its upcoming season.

Crimson coach Kathy Delaney-Smith has also recruited Lindsay Hallion ’08 and Juanise Cornell as new assistant coaches. Though it is the first year of coaching for both, they bring impressive resumes to their new positions.

Read more

Born Warrior

November 11, 2011

While the 2011-12 Harvard men’s basketball team is on the threshold of yet another breakthrough season, former Crimson guard Jeremy Lin ’10 is finding ways to pass the time amidst a historic NBA lockout.

Lin graduated from 2010 with a degree in economics, but rather than signing with J.P. Morgan or Bain like many of his peers, the undrafted 6’3 guard joined the Golden State Warriors.

Read more

History's One and Only Crimson Dance Team

November 11, 2011

Sixty-six years ago, the Harvard men’s basketball team was selected to represent New England in the NCAA Tournament at Madison Square Garden.

In the 1945-1946 edition of the Dance, the Crimson was knocked out by Ohio State, 46-38, in the first round, and lost its consolation matchup to NYU, 67-61, to finish the season 19-3.

Read more

STANTING TALL
Football

Harvard-Yale 2014

Playing with the Rules
Scrutiny

Playing With The Rules

Highlight

Title IX Complaints in Higher Education

Art Museum Feature
Visual Arts

Newly Opened, Art Museums Prepare To Engage Undergrads