Head of the Charles '11

Moore Than Meets the Eye

October 21, 2011

“We had a race at Navy in Annapolis, and then we took the bus ride home eight hours. I got to Eleganza maybe a half-hour before it started, and did it—it’s always hectic in the spring.”

Tim Moore is used to jam-packed schedules. In fact, he thrives on them.

Read more

Harvard Coach Harry Parker Through the Years ...

October 21, 2011

Eight official national championships. Eight more unofficial national championships. Twenty-seven Eastern Sprints titles in the varsity eight, and 21 in the second varsity. Twenty-one undefeated dual seasons.

Harry Parker is unquestionably a winner. But the statistics are only the tip of the iceberg.

Read more

Radcliffe Crew Turns to Veteran

October 21, 2011

Though the face of Radcliffe lightweight crew has changed drastically over the past year, the team has found stability and leadership in co-captain Marissa Reichel.

“Marissa is an amazing athlete and a great leader on the team,” senior coxswain Maryana Vrubel said. “She’s been doing a really great job as captain. It’s nice to have someone so dependable on the team.”

Read more

Soutter Succeeds On Water, Land

October 21, 2011

One of the major challenges facing any college student centers around the fact that there are so many things to do, see, enjoy, and experience during one’s undergraduate years.

The challenge of walking a tightrope between different time commitments is even larger for the numerous student-athletes at Harvard.

Read more

Van Fossen Sets High Standard

October 21, 2011

When the pace picks up in the boat, balance is needed to keep it steady and on course.

And for Kirsten Van Fossen, the same balance is needed to manage everything else in her fast-paced life. In addition to being co-captain of Radcliffe heavyweight crew, the senior is also pursuing a degree in engineering sciences and singing for an all-female a cappella group, the Harvard Fallen Angels.

Read more

Data Sculpture
Visual Arts

Painting by the Numbers: Data Visualization

School at School
Columns

What We Forget About School: School

Head of the Charles
Men's Crew

Head of the Charles 2014

Understanding Faith
Columns

Understanding Faith