Harvard in 1971

During the '70-'71 academic year today's Harvard was beginning to emerge. Harvard broke ground on the Science Center, ROTC left campus, pets were banned in student dorms, and jocks mourned the loss of the physical training requirement. American college students were in ...

Oldies But Goodies

Harvard in 1910

1 comment

A peek inside the bound volumes of The Crimson shows how a picture of life at Harvard in 1910 very ...

Oldies But Goodies

Harvard in 1900

As reunion week approaches at the College, thousands of alumni from dozens of different classes will flock to the Harvard ...

Oldies But Goodies

Harvard in 1985

Over the next few days, we'll be pulling snippets from The Crimson archives to commemorate the coming class reunions. You'll ...

Oldies But Goodies

Harvard in 1975

Over the past few days, we've been pulling snippets from The Crimson archives to commemorate the coming class reunions. You'll ...

Oldies But Goodies

Harvard in 1960

There has been one Queen of England, but that’s about all that has been constant in the 50 years since ...

Oldies But Goodies

Harvard in 1950

Oldies But Goodies

Harvard in 1945

Oldies But Goodies

Harvard in 1940

This week alums are arriving from across the country for class reunions. To get everyone in the mood for wandering ...

Youth Homelessness in the Square
Harvard Square

For Homeless Youth, Age Can Compound Challenges of Life on the Streets

On Year Later: Boston Marathon Bombings
Boston Marathon

VIDEO: Looking Back One Year Later, Harvard Affiliates Prepare to Return to Finish Line

Johnston Gate Arts Cover
Arts

Rebuilding the Past: Harvard's Beautification Renaissance

Awkward Eye Contact
Columns

Let’s Talk about Campus-Eye-Contact-Culture