The Crimson's Journalism Programs
The Harvard Crimson's Fall Journalism Conference is a one-day event for high school journalists with all levels of experience.

The Harvard Crimson's Fall Journalism Conference is a one-day event for high school journalists with all levels of experience. Every year, participants attend seminars on different aspects of journalism led by The Crimson's editors and executives, panels on how to incorporate journalism experiences into college applications, and a keynote speech by an accomplished journalist followed by a Q&A; session. High school faculty advisors also have a chance to tour the building and participate in a roundtable discussion during the day-long event.

Attend seminars on different aspects of journalism, panels on how to incorporate journalism experiences into college applications, and a keynote speech by an accomplished journalist.

The conference provides participants with the opportunity to learn from and interact with experienced college journalists in a fun, collegiate setting. By working with The Crimson's editors and fellow attendees, the conference aims to improve journalistic skills and inspire an interest in investigative reporting.

The Crimson's Journalism Programs
The fall conference specifically revolves around the fundamentals of journalism and traditional reporting.

The fall conference specifically revolves around the fundamentals of journalism and traditional reporting, with a strong emphasis on specific writing techniques that high-school journalists can implement. Seminars delve deeply into how to report on stories frequently covered by high school newspapers, strengthening skills in all aspects of newspaper writing—from editorial columns to sports stories and arts reviews. Content will focus on intricacies like effectively using sentence structure, organizing and conducting interviews, developing good source relationships, editing, proofreading, research, and in-depth storytelling.

Content will focus on intricacies like effectively using sentence structure, organizing and conducting interviews, developing good source relationships, editing, proofreading, research, and in-depth storytelling.

The 2017 Fall Journalism Conference will be held on November 11th. Check out the The Crimson's Journalism Programs page for more information and registration.

The Crimson's Journalism Programs
The 2017 Fall Journalism Conference will be held on November 11th.

The Crimson's news and opinion teams—including writers, editors, photographers, and designers—were not involved in the production of this article.