Crimson staff writer

Alexandra perloff-giles

Latest Content

MFA Offers Young Artists Space to Exhibit Their Collections

Despite the unity of the subject matter, Kim’s work exhibits a remarkable range, with a Wayne Thiebault-esque canvas of peanut butter cups, a bronze relief of a bitten Oreo, and a wall of small oil paintings arranged Salon-style in unique frames, featuring portraits of commonplace snack foods like Teddy Grahams, Goldfish, and animal crackers.

Artifacts Take Their Rightful Place as Art

Etruscan, Greek, Chinese, and Islamic vases find a place among the vast collection of the Harvard Art Museum alongside the work of European masters like Rembrandt, Van Gogh, and Picasso.

MOBA Changes Trash to Treasure

Boasting the tagline “art too bad to be ignored,” the Boston-based Museum of Bad Art (MOBA) hails itself as “the ...

Hey There, East Cambridge, So Nice to Finally Meet You

When I was applying to colleges, I started out by listing the cities that I was willing to live in ...

Profs May Be Offered Buyout

In February, Harvard announced an early retirement incentive package for staff members. Now, the faculty may be next. The Faculty

Fine Arts Library Collection ios Relocated

The paintings of the Fogg and Busch-Reisinger collections have already moved out of 32 Quincy Street. Early this summer, the

Faculty Anticipate Science Research Funding from Obama Stimulus Package

The two-year clock has started ticking, and $21.5 billion from Obama’s stimulus package must be spent on research and development

Science Funding Delayed

Funding from a fledgling Harvard grant program for interdisciplinary science has become the University’s latest casualty of the financial crisis.