Crimson staff writer

Philip Y Gingerich

Latest Content

Denis’ Films Deconstruct Racial Dynamics

Internationally celebrated director Claire Denis visited the Harvard Film Archive to present her two latest films, "White Material" and "Aller Au Diable," which probe cultural clashes and the legacies of imperialism.

Retrospective: Was Bigger Better in 2011?

Albums were generally more sophisticated, better produced, longer, and in the case of Jay-Z’s and West’s, downright expensive-sounding.

Students Hit the Sackler After Hours

HAMUC harnessed Halloween to promote the Sackler’s new exhibit in a lighthearted event.

‘Machine Gun Preacher’ Squanders Premise

“Machine Gun Preacher” is not a movie for people who want an over-the-top military thriller, nor is it for people seeking an ethically and emotionally dynamic true story. It is more for people who want the pretense of one of those things, while Gerard Butler yells things like “I’m gonna get the kids! Cover me!”

“Growth and Decay” Celebrates Cycles of Nature

On March 2, the University Place Gallery at 124 Mt. Auburn Street will open its newest exhibition. Titled “Growth and Decay,” the show will feature works by artists Sarah Meyers Brent, Jodi Colella, and Sirarpi Heghinian Walzer.

Storytelling Drives Grimy ‘Howie’

Together, Howie Lee (Adam J. Conner ’14) and the Rookie Lee (Peter K. Bestoso ’14) weave a visceral picture of this gritty landscape, taking turns spewing reels of sharp and fiercely funny dialogue affected with Irish slang.