Crimson staff writer

Juliet R Bailin

Latest Content

Harvard Law School To Conduct Interviews Over Skype

The Law School will interview J.D. applicants via the free videoconferencing software Skype rather than by phone next year and will expand the number of applicants who are invited to interviews from about 1,000 to 1,200.

Law School Selects Experts for I-Lab

In an effort to bolster Harvard Innovation Lab's professional resources, Harvard Law School appointed four Experts-in-Residence for the 2012-2013 academic year to advise students on their projects and expand the partnership between the Law School and the I-Lab.

Law School Student Body President To Extend Term Through Summer

Though he will graduate from Harvard this week, Law School Student Government President Matthew P. Gelfand will extend his term through the summer in order to rewrite the organization’s constitution.

HLS Professors Wilkins and Vermeule Elected to American Academy of Arts and Sciences

Harvard Law School Professors David B. Wilkins ’77 and C. Adrian Vermeule ’90 were elected to the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, one of the oldest honorary independent research centers in the U.S., earlier this month.

Yale and Stanford Law Beat Out Harvard on U.S. News & World Report

Crimson gets the bronze! Just when we thought Harvard Law School was number one, U.S. News & World Report ranked Harvard third in their 2013 Best Law Schools rankings released earlier this month. Last year, Stanford ranked third and Harvard, second; the two schools switched rankings this year, with Yale remaining in first place.

Law School Appoints New Library Leaders

Harvard Law School Dean Martha L. Minow recently announced the new acting executive director and vice dean of library and information services at the Law School.

QS Ranks Harvard Law School First

Harvard Law School is the best law school in the world! That is, according to the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings by subject. So for all you law-minded kids out there, now there's a concrete number letting you know Harvard Law is #1. That is, if "Legally Blonde" didn't already have you convinced.

Study Explores Internet Use

Many of the online search, information evaluation, and creation skills that shape students’ academic activity are actually developed in their personal and social lives, according to a study conducted by The Berkman Center for Internet and Society

New HLS Student Center Takes the LEED

Wasserstein Hall, Caspersen Student Center, Clinical Wing—a new sustainabile facility that houses approximately 250,000 square feet of innovative classrooms and student space—opened its doors at Harvard Law School early this January.