Writer

Thomas W Franck

Latest Content

Visitas Activities Fair
College

Visitas Activities Fair

Prospective students attend the Extracurricular Activities Fair at the SOCH as part of Visitas.

Jessie J
College

Photos of the Weekend (4/26/15)

Police Fence
College

Police Fence

Harvard University Police reinforce a metal fence outside of Emerson Hall to ensure that University President Drew G. Faust could enter while Divest Harvard protesters attempted to confront her on Wednesday afternoon. The protesters have blockaded Massachusetts Hall since Sunday demanding the University divest from fossil fuels.

The View from Inside Mass Hall
Today in Photos

Photos of the Day (04/15/2015)

A Quick Entrance
College

A Quick Entrance

University President Drew G. Faust enters Emerson Hall, where members of the student activist group Divest Harvard attempted to confront her before she introduced a lecture on Wednesday afternoon. Security personnel had placed guard rails between Loeb House and the lecture hall.

Music and Mural
College

Music and Mural

Musician Ashford L. King '15 performs for crowds on the Science Center Plaza on Tuesday afternoon. The performance was a part of the Mural Speaks project, aimed at translating a poem into 140 languages.

University Hall Protest
Music

Photos of the Day (04/14/2015)

Title IX Teach-In
College

Title IX Teach-In

Members of "Our Harvard Can Do Better," a student group that advocates for modifications to Harvard's sexual assault policy, discuss rights guaranteed under Title IX at a teach-in Wednesday evening.

Graduate Student Council Election
FAS

Graduate Student Council Election

Incumbent Graduate Student Council Vice President John Gee voiced his support for the unionization movement during his pre-election speech to graduate student voters.

Graduate Student Council Election
College

Photos of the Day (04/08/2015)

Quad Sound Studios 1
On Campus

Quad Sound Studios 1

The Quad Sound Studios have been open for recording since the spring semester of 2014, and are located in the basement of Holmes Hall in Pforzheimer House.

Quad Sound Studios 2
On Campus

Quad Sound Studios 2

Life at Dudley Cooperative
College

Life at Dudley Cooperative

Students who live in the Dudley Co-op often enjoy larger living arrangements and a change from traditional Harvard housing. Members prepare their own food, complete chores, and participate in community decisions.

East Boston Commute
Off Campus

East Boston Commute

Anthony V. Buda ’15 explains how his commute to campus from East Boston has been negatively impacted by the recent snowfall. Buda and other students who live off campus have been delayed due to irregular MBTA schedules and canceled trains.

Central to Harvard
College

Central to Harvard

Alice Huang '16 lives in an apartment in Central Square and often commutes to Harvard by bicycle. Due to dietary concerns, she decided to move off campus.

Massachusetts Hall
FAS

Graduate Students Start Movement To Unionize

Central Administration

Amidst Title IX Debate, Law Faculty Raise Governance Concerns

John Stilgoe Office
College

John Stilgoe’s Secret History

Big States, Little States
College

Beyond Boston: Regional Diversity at Harvard