Contributor

Thomas W Franck

Latest Content

Alone
Crime

Alone

This 7 by 9 foot area in the Science Center Plaza designates the allocation of space given to those in solitary confinement in many penitentiaries. The space served as the site of a 23 hour long vigil between Tuesday and Wednesday in protest of current justice system policies.

History Is Everything
On Campus

Today in Photos (10/16/2014)

Freshmen

Didn't we meet at Annenberg?

First Generation Harvard
Student Groups

First Generation Harvard

LEFT TO RIGHT: Daniel M. Lobo '14, Nelida Garcia '14, and Viet D. Tran '16

A Treasured Account
On Campus

A Treasured Account

United States Treasurer Rosa G. Rios, '87, speaks to students about her time as an undergraduate on Friday in Winthrop House's Tonkens Room. Rios was sworn into office in August of 2009 after President Obama's election.

A Treasured Account
Today in Photos

Today in Photos (04/14/14)

Tangled up in Blue
On Campus

Tangled up in Blue

Celebrating World Autism Awareness Day, the Harvard Graduate School of Education lights the Gutman Library in blue on Wednesday night. The library's illumination is part of a global initiative.

Blue Ivy
On Campus

Blue Ivy

Blue Ivy
College

Today in Photos (04/03/2014)

Holi
College

Today in Photos (03/30/2014)

Meeting in the Lounge
Undergraduate Council

Meeting in the Lounge

The officers of the Undergraduate Council, led by President Gus Mayopoulos, call Sunday night's meeting to order. Among the topics discussed was improving communication between the student body and the UC.

DRIVIN' DOWN
Men's Volleyball

DRIVIN' DOWN

Senior middle blocker Kyle Rehkemper, shown here in previous action, will spearhead the Crimson offense against Princeton on Thursday. Harvard has defeated the Tigers twice this season, and a victory over its conference rival will propel the Crimson into the EIVA championship game.

Some Good Advice
Politics

Today in Photos (03/27/14)

Some Good Advice
Social Sciences Division

Some Good Advice

Dr. Zbigniew Brzezinski speaks about the relationship between China and the United States in the Center for Government and International Studies on Tuesday afternoon. Dr. Brzezinski served as the U.S. National Security Advisor under President Jimmy Carter and was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom for his role in the normalization of U.S.-China relations.

Free Time
Columns

In Search of Lost Time

Photo Man
Ivy League

Beyond The Silver Screen

Larry, In His Element
Scrutiny

Professor Summers

Data Sculpture
Visual Arts

Painting by the Numbers: Data Visualization