Writer

Thomas W Franck

Latest Content

Quad Sound Studios 1
On Campus

Quad Sound Studios 1

The Quad Sound Studios have been open for recording since the spring semester of 2014, and are located in the basement of Holmes Hall in Pforzheimer House.

Quad Sound Studios 2
On Campus

Quad Sound Studios 2

Life at Dudley Cooperative
College

Life at Dudley Cooperative

Students who live in the Dudley Co-op often enjoy larger living arrangements and a change from traditional Harvard housing. Members prepare their own food, complete chores, and participate in community decisions.

East Boston Commute
Off Campus

East Boston Commute

Anthony V. Buda ’15 explains how his commute to campus from East Boston has been negatively impacted by the recent snowfall. Buda and other students who live off campus have been delayed due to irregular MBTA schedules and canceled trains.

Central to Harvard
College

Central to Harvard

Alice Huang '16 lives in an apartment in Central Square and often commutes to Harvard by bicycle. Due to dietary concerns, she decided to move off campus.

Their Own House
College

Their Own House

Thoughts Over Dinner
College

Thoughts Over Dinner

UC Vice President Dhruv Goyal delivers a speech entitled "State of the College" in Lowell dining hall Monday night. The annual Lowell House speeches were designed to encourage intellectual expression in house life.

Lowell House Speeches
Lowell

Lowell House Speeches

In Preparation
College

In Preparation

Dean of Student Life Stephen Lassonde works in his office in University Hall on Monday afternoon in anticipation of Housing Day. Administrators have been increasingly concerned about the amount of time students spend on extracurricular activity.

A Balancing Act
College

A Balancing Act

Jacob R. Carrel '16, president of the Harvard College Democrats, relaxes in Winthrop House dining hall on Monday night. Carrel is one of many students trying to balance House life and extracurricular obligations.

Outside Adams
College

Outside Adams

Former UC representative Kevin Liang ’16 waits outside of Adams House on Monday afternoon. As a previous executive of multiple clubs, Liang often had to prioritize extracurricular activities over House events.

A Balancing Act
Music

Photos of the Day (03/09/2015)

Quincy Housing Day Video Filming
Housing Day

Quincy Housing Day Video Filming

Singing and dancing in their dining hall, students in Quincy House produce their Housing Day video on Thursday evening. The production of Housing Day Videos, which advertise the benefits of each of the College’s 12 residential houses, is a tradition that involves dozens of students every year.

Courthouse of the Tsarnaev Trial
Crime

Courthouse of the Tsarnaev Trial

The trial of the alleged Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev began on Wednesday morning at the John Joseph Moakley U.S. Courthouse in South Boston. The trial is expected to last several months as the defense attempts to persuade the jurors to forgo the death penalty.

Courthouse of the Tsarnaev Trial
College

Photos of the Day (03-04-2015)

Central Administration

In Op-Ed, Law Profs Call for University Governance Changes

Jeffrey K. McDonough Artwork
Scrutiny

Not a 9-to-5 Job

Advising Programs Office Under Construction
College

Freshman Advising: Under Construction

Van Gogh's "Self-Portrait Dedicated to Paul Gauguin"
Visual Arts

Portrait of the Artist: Behind Van Gogh's 'Self-Portrait Dedicated to Paul Gauguin'