Writer

Thomas W Franck

Latest Content

Voicing Concerns
On Campus

Voicing Concerns

Graduate Student Council President Summer A. Shafer leads the council's first meeting of the year in Dudley House on Wednesday evening. Many criticized the size of sections, noting that teaching fellows were additionally struggling with logistics after recent snow days.

Fire on Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge

Fire on Massachusetts Avenue

Firefighters attempt to subdue a fire on Massachusetts Avenue on Wednesday night. All tenants of the building evacuated safely and there were no reported injuries.

Firefighters at Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge

Firefighters at Massachusetts Avenue

Brandon Stanton Speaks at the IOP
Mather

Photos of the Day (02/11/2015)

Last Chance
Harvard Law School

Today in Photos (02/04/2015)

Last Chance
College

Last Chance

Associate Registrar for Enrollment Services Maggie Welsh reviews a study card at the Office of the Registrar Wednesday afternoon. Students took advantage of the fact that they would not be penalized with a late fee if they turned in their study cards late after a winter storm interrupted shopping week.

Cambridge Die-In
Race

Cambridge Die-In

Protestors host a die-in in Cambridge on Friday evening to protest the two recent, separate Grand Jury decisions not to indict white police officers who killed unarmed black men.

Protestors on Mass Ave
Race

Seen and Heard: Harvard's March Through Cambridge

The “March on Harvard,” as the demonstration has been billed, is the latest in a series of protests on campus and around the country in recent weeks.

Marching from Davis to Porter
Race

Marching from Davis to Porter

Protestors march from Davis Square to Porter Square on Friday evening in response to the recent non-indictments of the officers in the Michael Brown and Eric Garner cases. Protestors began in Davis Square and continued to MIT, laying down at key transportation sites.

Tufts Police at the Protest
Race

Tufts Police at the Protest

Tufts Police stand near the Davis Square T Station on Friday evening during protests of the recent non-indictments of the officers in the Michael Brown and Eric Garner cases. Protestors began in Davis Square and continued to MIT, laying down at key transportation sites.

Protest in Davis Square
Race

Protest in Davis Square

Protestors lay down during a "die-in" in Davis Square on Friday evening to protest the recent non-indictments of the officers in the Michael Brown and Eric Garner cases. Protestors began in Davis Square and continued to MIT, laying down at key transportation sites.

Protest in Davis Square
Race

Protest in Davis Square

Protest in Porter Square
Race

Protest in Porter Square

Protestors lay on Massachusetts Ave. during a "die-in" in Porter Square on Friday evening to protest the recent non-indictments of the officers in the Michael Brown and Eric Garner cases. Protestors began in Davis Square and continued to MIT, laying down at key transportation sites.

Protest in Davis Square
Race

Non-Indictment Protest from Davis to MIT

Protest in Cambridge and Somerville
Race

Protest in Cambridge and Somerville

Protesters lay on Massachusetts Ave. during a "die-in" in Harvard Square on Friday evening to protest the recent non-indictments of the officers in the Michael Brown and Eric Garner cases. Protesters began in Davis Square and continued to MIT, laying down at key transportation sites.

Kaledora Kiernan-Linn
College

The Dropouts

Snow on Plympton
College

More Snow Looming, College Alters Dining Schedule

Divest Harvard Rally
Central Administration

After 24-Hour Sit-In, Divest Harvard Protesters Leave Mass. Hall

COVER PHOTO
College

#blacklivesmatter