Crimson staff writer

Jesper W Ke

Latest Content

Record $35.5 Million Donation to GSE funds Early Childhood Initiative

​In a record donation to the Harvard Graduate School of Education, The Saul Zaentz Charitable Foundation gifted $35.5 million to establish an early childhood education initiative, bringing the school’s campaign to 93 percent of its total goal.

Teachers in Training: Launching the First Class of Harvard Teacher Fellows

The Harvard Teacher Fellows program, a teacher training initiative centered at the Harvard Graduate School of Education, prepares aspiring educators to teach in under-resourced urban schools. The program recently selected its inaugural cohort of 20 fellows.

Faust and Brother Share Memories at Education School Forum

In a sprawling conversation, University President Drew G. Faust and her younger brother Donald Gilpin espoused the virtues of a liberal arts education and reflected on their time growing up together at a Forum.

GSE Partners With Cities in New Youth Education Equity Initiative

The Education Redesign Lab at the Harvard Graduate School of Education has unveiled a new, youth education equity initiative that aims to tackle systemic inequalities preventing young students from achieving their full potential.

Inaugural Class of Harvard Teachers Fellows Selected

​Following a rigorous application process, 20 Harvard seniors will make up the inaugural class of the Harvard Teachers Fellows program.

Janet Yellen to Receive Radcliffe Medal in May

Janet L. Yellen, Chair of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, will receive the Radcliffe Medal in May in recognition of her work in guiding the nation’s economy.

Two Harvard Seniors Selected for Marshall Scholarship

Bianca Mulaney ’16 and Rebecca M. Panovka ’16, friends and fellow Quincy House residents, have been named Harvard’s two newest Marshall scholars to their shared surprise and disbelief.

Secretary of Defense Talks Military Recruitment and ISIS

Despite calling the U.S. military the “finest fighting force in the world,” Carter pointed out what he described as the trend of technological innovation shifting away from the U.S. government toward the private sector.