Writer

Laura Veira-Ramirez

Latest Content

Op-Eds

The Real Fear of Deportation

Fear was present before I even knew what deportation meant—before I knew what it meant to not have papers.

Editorials

Dissent: Harvard: Where Hate Speech is Welcome

Equating a single individual’s opinion to the same level of importance as an individual’s identity is unacceptable. We cannot afford to “test” the limits of free speech. A very clear line already exists; you are free to your own opinion so long as your opinion does not threaten another person’s existence. The line has been crossed here.

Divest Harvard
Editorials

Dissent: Harvardian Hypocrisy

Divestment and climate change research are not mutually exclusive. Rather, the combined action will only pull the University’s usage of the endowment in line with the University’s espoused stance on climate change.

Op Eds

Financial Aid is a Treatment, Not a Cure

Their lives haven’t changed for the better. I find out that my dad pulled his shoulder at work and is still in pain. My mom shares her worries as she wonders how they will pay for the next month’s rent. I feel guilty and helpless. As I enjoy everything Harvard gives me, my parents continue to struggle.

Op-Eds

"Get over it."

We can’t just pretend that millions of people’s lives aren’t at risk. We can’t just sit by idly and watch the country that people have worked so hard to build up burns to the ground.

Editorials

Dissent: ​Undocumented Students Deserve Better

Those students who are already vocal about their status can be traced through coverage they have received in the media, and the declaration of Harvard as a sanctuary campus will only reassure them of the University's commitment to them.