HARVARD WON IN OVERTIME

GAME WITH CORNELL LOOSELY PLAYED BY BOTH TEAMS. FINAL SCORE 3 TO 2.

In one of the most disorganized games of the season, the University hockey team defeated Cornell, 3 to 2, after eleven minutes and fifteen seconds of overtime play in the Arena Saturday evening. The Harvard forwards were unable to execute any team-work to speak of, and snap and dash were lacking until the middle of the second half. After the score was tied, the men played more desperately, and Duncan and Huntington were all over the ice, following back well and playing with great aggressiveness.

Hill and Smith were the stars for Cornell and, although not up to the standards of Magner and Crassweller, of last year's championship team, they played much the same sort of roving game. Time and again these men took the puck down the rink unaided, Hill several times skating round the outer defence right in front of the goal. On these occasions it was only the excellent work of Gardner that prevented scores.

Palmer filled Sortwell's place creditably but he seems unable to work well with the other forwards, while Hanson, who later went in at left wing, lacks confidence. Blackall and Willetts did well in taking the puck down the ice, the former, in fact scoring one of the goals after a dash the entire length of the ice with Duncan. This play completely fooled the Cornell defence as they kept waiting for Blackall to make a pass.

The final score of the game was the result of very pretty team-work between Huntington and Duncan, the latter making the shot.

The summary: HARVARD.  CORNELL. Palmer, Hanson, l.e.  r.e., Moore Duncan, l.c.  r.c., Hill Huntington, r.c.  l.c., Scheu Pierce, Reeves, Morgan, r.e.  l.e., Tewksbury, Means Blackall, c.p.  c.p., Smith Willetts, p.  p., Clark Gardner, g.  g., Vail

Score--Harvard 3, Cornell 2. Goals--Blackall, Huntington, Duncan, Hill, Scheu. Umpires--Heron and Garon. Goal umpires--J. W. Foster and Winslow. Time--two 20-minute halves, one 10-minute period, and 1 minute, 15 seconds.